Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very first car was a FIAT X1/9. A 2-seater wedge with a mid-engine and a targa convertible hood. The engine produced 75 horsepower out of 1300ccm. Not that much, but with a weight of only 730 kg, it was a fun ride. I was the 4th owner, so my car had a history. Our relationship was love - hate, and after 3 years of trouble I was happy to sell my sporty. Nowadays you will hardly find anyone that remembers this car. Almost all have disintegrated into rust. Well, FIAT from the 70´s.

Last summer I discovered an X 1/9 at a shop in the Netherlands that sells collectables. I had to have it! The manufacturer NOREX is from France and has a long legacy of producing metal cars. Unfortunately, even in their archive this model is not listed. Who knows how long my X 1/9 has been collecting dust on that retailers shelve. Maybe someone out there can give me more input.

Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Vehicle

Font Gas Metal Auto part Fashion accessory

My problem is: My X 1/9 hat a different color. So I finally deconstructed my model and gave it that horrible venom green that was the typical, most common color. The roof needed that black vinyl look. And I also painted the seats, door panels and the dashboard in my fake leather tan.

Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Truck Handgun holster

So this is what my X 1/9 looked like:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Karl,
yes, that´s the same car. I usually do 1/25 scale styrene cars. This was a fun job on 2 afternoons.
Thanks for that info with the database! If I see correctly, this model was issued in 1974, about the time the original car was available. It wouldn´t surprise me if my model was in that store for over 40 years. They didn´t have the original box any more.
Best wishes,
Andy

·
Registered
728 Posts
Great work. My friends used to have an X1/9 (A dark red maroon one. Right hand drive of course) so It brings back a few memories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts