Minichamps Fiat 850 Spider

Ixo Fiat 124 (actually a Lada)

Altaya Fiat 124 Coupe

Vitesse Fiat 124 Spider

Steve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Great set! I like the Ixo Lada the best, but the Solido is the cutest, almost like a little stuffed animal of a car. Thanks for the cool pics.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was your mentioning of your 124 Spider that inspired me to photograph these particular cars - must remember to dig out the 500 & 600 as well!

:wave:

Steve

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Man those are all nice examples. I gotta like the Lada best just for the color scheme.

Had to friends that had the 850 Spyders. Continuious head gasket and carb problems. I never actually saw one go long enough to wear out a set of struts but they say it cost more to replace them than the car was worth. Hence the 850 Spyder had the reputation of being a "disposable car."

The 124 Coupe and Spyder were great cars....So long as you changed that rubber band. The coupes we worked on were a bit different configuration. Maybe a little later model? Always like the lines of the coupe.

Did anyone make a casting of the FIAT Abarth "Double Bubble" Coupe? That was without a doubt the best looking FIAT I ever personally saw. I wouldn't mind having one of those in my 1/43 line-up myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts