Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am getting closer and closer to starting this thing. Just had a few questions. I have most everything ordered or purchased here...however I need the aztec dummys yet. I was wondering if they where for the NCC-1701-A or the refit? I know it isnt that big of deal but the aztec is different. Also, what is a fairly good board to use for the lighting? Thanks guys Hope I can get started in a month or two.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Neither "A" nor refit, sorry. The primary hull represents the main aztec (not the little squares) pretty well, and the nacelles are not bad, but the secondary hull is conjectural, and not very accurate if you care about the differences between the "A" and the refit aztec.

To be fair to the good Lou Dalmaso, it's hard to get accurate references for the refit sec hull aztec, and an accurate rendition of either would have probably required so many sheets and R & D time that the price of the set would have been prohibitive. And two different sets would have been right out.

But if you want either a good aztec impression or a good start for you to make your own additions to the sheets, go ahead and get them. There should be some photos on Starship Modeler or Culttvman. I think Mark King's refit used the templates.

Sorry, don't know about the lighting.

(all my opinion, of course)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks guys...sorry for the late reply. Yeah I kinda figured that, I will just add to it...I have tone of images of the aztec etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts