Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sounds like everyone had a great time at the fest. i was just wondering if there was any talk at the fest about the buyout. if there was,what was everyones impression of the future of jl? did anyone from rc2 or playing mantis speak on the subject? just curious,hope this hasnt been asked already in another thread.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hello,

There was discussion on the future of the Fest...Tom said, if he has anything to do with it, there will be one in 2005. When I talked to him in person, I joked..."Maybe it will be in Chicago, which is much closer for me"...to which he replied that holding it in Illinois was a possibility.

No confirmation....but with RC2 in Oak Brook, Il., I could see it happening in the "Windy City" next year.

Andre
Chicago.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
If the warehouse moves, then I bet you see Fest move too. Be really tough to have one without the other.

·
7,461 Posts
Warehouse sale is a side attraction to the fest... In my opinion... I feel the Fest could be held with out it... Easily..

In fact it is my humble although biosed opinion, that we should hold the fest and if RC2 wants to sell diecast they can get a table like every one else...

R

·
0 Posts
I agree with Kenny, Fest would do just fine without the warehouse sale.. this year Fest was great and the warehouse sale was full of problems.... the "other brands" conventions have no warehouse sale attached and they fill up a 10 story hotel for a full week!!!

I like the warehouse sale, but Fest could go on without it!!

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
I agree wit da dudes above. If it moves I'd probably not go but would see about getting dinner cars IF they were ones I really wanted.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Kenny Kaos said:
Warehouse sale is a side attraction to the fest... In my opinion... I feel the Fest could be held with out it... Easily..

In fact it is my humble although biosed opinion, that we should hold the fest and if RC2 wants to sell diecast they can get a table like every one else...
It would leave More Time for Racing...

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I go ONLY for the Fest. They can drop the Warehouse Sale and it would not even be missed!

The Fest Motel or Hotel is a time machine. Once a year adults check in and turn into 10 year olds for a week end and turn back into adults at check out!!!

Fest = Friends+Fun+Contests+Racing+Tradeing & Selling

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I'll agree...any more the warehouse sale is a side attraction for the main event being LF

and after this years sale I hope RC2 took lots of notes so improvements can be made before next year

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
i go for both the "events",,,,,,,,nothing stands out more than that wait in line with my buddies,,,,,,if you had been there,,,you would know what i mean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts