Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, the Ferrari 599 GTB arrived here at Wal Mart.... Still have to check out target and TRU for more so I can customize some...

Click on Pics to Enlarge!!!

Here it is on the back of my hauler and some other Ferraris I have... Some Customized and some not.....

:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Love how they are displayed... Went to my wally world looking for it, But found some cool matchbox's. I know that they will be everywhere soon... Only thing i can tell my other ferrari cars is that there brother will arrive soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
I was disappointed with it having a plastic base, unlike most of the other Ferraris of this class. Boooo!
Haven't got my hands on one yet, but I agree - although the last Ferrari I can remember (may be wrong) with metal base was the 360 Modena. Even the Enzo had a plastic base.

I don't really mind the plastic base, if it's black - not like the maddeningly stupid look of last year's F430 with chrome (!!) underbody and grille.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Hey there loto, welcome aboard! You are in luck, the base is black on the new 599. I forgot about the Enzo, but believe it or not I'm not a big fan of the look. I like the rounder Ferrairs, the Modena, 355, and 308s mostly. Yeah the chrome doesn't work on that Ferrari at all. Sounds to me like the nice metal base days are over with the newer Ferraris.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thanks for the pics Midnightrun...!!..will be out shopping today..sure would be nice to see if any of these are available...

...Welcome to Hobbytalk loto :wave:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
loto said:
I don't really mind the plastic base, if it's black - not like the maddeningly stupid look of last year's F430 with chrome (!!) underbody and grille.

On mine if you look closely, I have painted them black...

·
Registered
537 Posts
On the Ferrari 599s....1) The headlights are just black and gray. The Ferrari logo on the hood is large.
2) The headlights are black and gray AND orange. The Ferrari logo on the hood is tiny.
Dan Hammond

·
Registered
2 Posts
Midnightrun said:
On mine if you look closely, I have painted them black...

I noticed that. Did you disassemble the base to do that? If so, how did you reassemble? I ask because I thought of doing that myself.

BTW, I believe the 575GTC also has metal base, though painted black.

Thanks for welcoming me to hobbytalk - I'm happy to have found a place to discuss and get news about Hot Wheels.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
loto said:
I noticed that. Did you disassemble the base to do that? If so, how did you reassemble? I ask because I thought of doing that myself.

BTW, I believe the 575GTC also has metal base, though painted black.

Thanks for welcoming me to hobbytalk - I'm happy to have found a place to discuss and get news about Hot Wheels.
oK loto.... To reasemble the bases, I simply just click them back into place. There is enough of the rivet to go through the hole and reconnect.... One of my F430's, the black one, is a little loose. This happens when you drill the rivet to deep. To take the base off the car after drilling, use plyers or something small to pop the base out. I will post pics of a how to if you want me to.... ;) or visit http://www.hotworldcustoms.com/ and use the links on the left.... :thumbsup:

Oh and in some cases like my red F430, I did not have to disconnect the base, I simply just painted the base... But it's easier if you drill the base out. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts