1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bang Ferrari 308 GTB

Ixo Ferrari 328 GTB

Herpa Ferrari 348 TB

The Herpa 348 is plastic - the opening features are very well done - no unsightly gaps.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice Ferrari's Steve. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a Ferrari 308 GTB laying around somewhere made by Solido from the early 80's (I believe). It's either red or yellow. Did you ever watch the TV series "Magnum PI"?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I too have that Herpa and I'm amazed at how tight those opening parts fit when they're closed. You wouldn't even guess that they open. Gotta love those Ferrair's.

Domenic :wave:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thanks for the great pics, Steve :thumbsup: Hard to believe the Herpa is plastic. Dosen't look so from the pictures. Love to have a 1:1 of that :p

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STUTZ said:
Nice Ferrari's Steve. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a Ferrari 308 GTB laying around somewhere made by Solido from the early 80's (I believe). It's either red or yellow. Did you ever watch the TV series "Magnum PI"?
I don't think anyone, hasn't seen Magnum :p

Steve

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
d.o.m.001 said:
Thanks for sharing. I too have that Herpa and I'm amazed at how tight those opening parts fit when they're closed. You wouldn't even guess that they open. Gotta love those Ferrair's.

Domenic :wave:
I've got to agree on the excellence of the fit & finish on the Herpa. For some reason the range didn't sell very - it may be, some people confuse quality with weight? - the Herpa is a very light.

Steve

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SkipperC said:
Thanks for the great pics, Steve :thumbsup: Hard to believe the Herpa is plastic. Dosen't look so from the pictures. Love to have a 1:1 of that :p
Wouldn't we all love to have it in 1:1!

Steve

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Interestingly enough, even in 1:64 scale weight seems to be a factor in the 'quality component'. Maybe it has something to do with the "gold standard". Ya know, "the more it weighs, the more it's worth" train of misconception. I've seen plenty of plastic and plastic bottomed cars that were very well done and look far better than some of the sloppy 2 lb diecast that is available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts