Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brumm display model of the 3 Ferrari's that finished 1st, 2nd & 3rd at the 67 Daytona.

Domenic :wave:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Killer collection. I've got a HW's 1/64 (can you say that here?) set up like that. Made the Spyder for it. I'm all about historical replications.

A suggestion. If you are equipped for it? If you have a printer and a type program; print out the text (convienately enough in this case in black. Unless you gotta have the red star then you need color capability.) on white paper. This can be trimmed out and rubber cemented to the track display. Some programs will let you blurr the type. If yours don't; go to your local Hobby Lobby, etc. and get you a black and white Prismacolor pencil. It needs to be Prismacolor. Sharpen them then blunt the end enough for a fairly broad stroke. Start in the black text and pull to the right (for left hand tracks). With just a bit of practice you can blurr the type to give the impression of speed. With the white PC and a straight edge using the same blurring technique you can blurr a broken white line that will really make 'em fly. You can also smudge Prismacolor with your finger. Its a heck of alot easier than stenciling and airbrushing once you get the junk to do it.

If you don't have a printer..........Never mind. :drunk:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ClearHooter said:
Here is an example of what I was trying to explain about the Prismacolor pencils. We won't get into what scale it is.
That's a fantastic idea ClearHooter, but I tend to keep my dioramas as factory original as possible. But I'll keep that in mind incase I decide to do a model of one. thanks for the tip.

Domenic :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts