Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ferrari at the 1957 Mille Miglia

The Transporter is by Old Cars - now quite an elderly casting - Exoto have announced they will be releasing one shortly.

The Ferrari 315/335s are from Art Model - the #535 is that of Taruffi who won the race, #534 was driven by Collins, which retired early. The #531 is the ill fated De Portago/Nelson car which crashed, resulting in the deaths of both together with a number of spectators. I am missing the second placed #532 of Von Trips.

The numbers on the cars represent the times the cars were released at the start in 1 minute intervals, hence Taruffi was flagged away at 5.35am.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
SaWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET car carrier and cars Steve!

The detailing is superb and they even went as far as to include the tubular framing in each car.

THANKS for the little history lesson too!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Great cars! I'm currently reading a book titled simply, Ferrari. Lots of great historical information about the history of Ferrari from the beginning to 2006. Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all - I'm just getting into '50s sports racers in model form - strange as this is my favourite era in motorsport.......I've tended to concentrate on road cars.

To Domenic - is the Enzo figurine by Omen?

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts