Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
Nice car Neal! It's a Mustang, so there's no telling what it might bring.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I was two-thirds-of-the-way right. Can you imagine what a pink U.N.C.L.E. Olds with hubcaps would go for? :freak:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Cool.
Gotta put the pic on here for the "archives" before it goes away entirely.

o0pS! That dinnint work out so good!
Thanks for the post '72C. That's 2wice what I paid for my first 1:1 car! (the Play-Art is in much better shape)

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
As far as I know, this is the ONLY 1969 Mustang Coupe ever released. While the auction list it as a '70, it actually is a 1969. I have two of them, one still original and one I made into a replica of my own Stang (Where my screen name originated from). In my case, both were gifts (from Stupid Squirrel) several years ago...and while they were not the pink version, the price was much better!!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Lumpy from Leave it to Beaver just passed away! Speaking of...

Shows how good that casting realy is and can be. Love it Ward!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow, interesting color!
Not that I know Play-Art that well, but if I hadda guess, I'd bet it's amoung the less common colors.

If no one here seems to know for sure you might try SMS88.
He hangs out in the Matchbox section once in a while and is pretty knowlagable.
He's not here that much lately but if you p.m. him I'm sure he'll gladly tell you what he knows.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The metallic colors do seem to bring more than the gloss ones. I don't think I've ever seen that particular color, so I would guess in excellent condition with two motivated bidders somewhere in the $150 range.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
It is a very rare colour on any Playart casting, and there are some colours like this and some metallics including gold that were only used once or twice on pre 1974 issues with hubcaps - from what I can gather Playart used an entire batch of paint on whatever mix of their entire range of castings that were sent down the paint line on each particular day.This petal hubcap pattern combined with the plated not painted baseplate makes this pink car early production from 1971-73.worth every penny paid imho
Fine custom from 69 Stang -odd that Mattel or JL havent done this yet!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts