Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 1

So as most of you had probably seen my post in the S&S section! I went out hunting yesterday because I got payed! Well I spent more then I had and put myself in a bad, bad situation! So to make this an interesting read, im going to tell you how it went step by step!

1st yesterday I stopped at a bookstore! They had a great selection of stuff but at $2 a pc. could only grab the ones I had to HAVE! Here they are!

The Destruction I Caused!!!

Then left to hit another bookstore, when I spotted an antique store. Had to stop ofcourse! Picked this up for a little over $6! An old MAJORETTE tanker!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part 2

So after leaving the antique store I got to the other bookstore where I picked these beauties up for $2 a pc.

I have officially fell in love with this series!

So after that, I stop at my parents house for some family time. Well were there my wife wins concert tickets through calling in the radio! Very awesome moment indeed!

Now a few hrs had past by and we decide to take our journey home! It's about 3 am, and I'm so tired but figure I'd better stop at wally's knowing the new dump bins are out! So I stop at 4 different wally's on the way home! The 1st is a Super wally where there was nothing but old stuff! Now be aware I've been having some bad luck with chase pcs besides the $uper 69 camaro! Soooo I travel on to the next walmart, pegs were full, there was end caps, FULL!!! I ask the nice stocker lady if they were new she said " No, they have been like that for a few days now" and that a few collectors had already gone through it! So let down I walk away but in the corner of my eye I spot a dump bin! Not expecting much I look through 1 side, to find about to 20 or so cars and a bunch of monster trucks! (WTH!) They were all the new case cars, but only a couple of 'em when I notice the other side was full of them! I go through it to come out with these and a 69 vette t-hunt and 10 if the ranchero t hunts! I left 5 of those behind for the next guy!

Sooo exicted I became wired lol My wife was just as excited as I was hahaha! SHe knew how much it meant to me to find the ferrari but 2? Man I hauled @$$ to the next wally (neighborhood market) = NOTHING! On to the next, now this 1 has not had a dump bin the past 2 yr's i have been going there, expecting to find nothing! I Spot another dump bin but this 1 had way more than the other! I'm talking overly stacked! so I grab a basket and have my way with it lol! Total amount pulled: 12 ferrari's and 12 DW-1 0 $upers!

I bought 6 ferrari's and 7 dw-1's! left the rest for the next!

Total wally pull for the night!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Part 3

So it's the next day when my wife wakes me to tell me I over spent and that I had $20 to last me 'til Friday! I was so frustrated because i still had to get alot off stuff to last us until Friday! So now im stressed I go outside to see that I have a flat tire! Now im just pissed off! I change my tire and notice after I put it on, its low on air! Maybe it'll have enough air to get me to the gas station a block down, NOPE!!! It's just flopping and im basically riding on rim! I re-park my car and look at my gas gauge, what do you know im on empty! I'm out of smokes, no gas, flat tires! I do not know what the hell im going to do! I called my father in law and asked him if he could pick me up to put air in my spare. He tells me he's going to pay for me to get a used tire. I can't thank him enough! When I see him he hands me $80 bucks! Wayy more then I was expecting (the tire only costed $20). So I get gas and cigs, and go get the tire! Well he tells me when i'm done to meet him at wal-mart. I go to wal-mart he has them do an oil change on my car. Well they were doing it I stop to see how much refrigerant was for my A/C because it was blowing out hot, he grabs it out of my hand and tells me "dont worry about it I got it". WOW!!!!!! He's never done this before. Then I'm getting my keys from the worker and my father in law tells me to open this wal-mart bag! Now be aware of his I was just in the die-cast area and didnt see nothing NEW (same wal-mart I found the 2 $upers and reg hunts)! He doesnt know nothing of this brand, nor the chases, he tells me "I figured you'd like this."

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I'd never see 1 of these and my father in law bought it for me! I asked him where he found it, he said it was on the floor by the stereo stuff! WHAT? So now this being 1 of the chase I wanted and my father in law found and bought it for me, it will never leave my collection!

So after all the he tells me to follow him to Circle k (a convenient store). We get there he tells me he'll be right back, Comes out and hands my wife $100 and says dont say nothing you do not have to pay me back just take it! We tryed to convince him it was not needed but he just said keep it and ill see you later! I couldnt believe it! So we go and get the stuff we needed and head home. Well I had to go back out because I forgot the diapers! Head to a different walmart. I ask another nice new lady if there were any new hotwheels coming out and she says she'd check for me. So a few mins past and she comes back with a box of M2's and tells me sorry there's no boxes of hotwheels but there was this! Opens it for me and tells me to have fun! I go through it and pull out this!

No WAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited, I say what the hay and go look for some hotwheels errors and find these!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Part 4

I got this in the mail, something I forgot I traded for!

So now i just basically want to say Thank You to God for his blessing on me! Most importantly, My father in law! Thank You sooooo much John I couldn't have done it with out you! Love ya!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts