Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start this thread by saying:

"There are far more good experiences in the world of Quarter Scale Racing than bad."

Please feel free to help promote the sport by sharing some of your's with us. Here is how I got started:


WCM: http://www.wcm-corp.com/
When I finally decided to get into Quarter Scale racing, I looked at several cars, went to a few races and the track I was going to do most of my racing. I asked questions and decided on a WCM. I didn’t want a used one so I called Rick from Winners Circle Manufacturing inc. (That what WCM stands for). Rick was up front, honest and very helpful, but said it would be a while before I could get me car. The reason was he was moving his shop from one location to another and needed time to get set up. If I called him and wanted to know how things were going or E-mailed him, he always got back with me.



I waited almost 5 months and received a great car. Rick set the car up for the track I was going to do most of my racing. Later when WCM came out with aluminum shock bodies, I was one of the first to get a set. Every time I need a part or some information from Rick, he is very helpful. Quite honestly, This is not the normal turn around to get a car or parts from WCM or the other manufactures. I just had bad timming. It takes a lot of work. It isn't like they have an assembly line churning these things out.

I have ordered many parts from WCM and got them withing a week to week and half. Thanks Rick.


Pro-1: http://www.pro1z.com/

Ordered a few hundred dollars worth of parts through the internet, got them within week. Good company to deal with, I always hear good thing about Jim. I think I may be getting a Pro-1 for my next car. It may be a few years, but i like what i see.



Cat-5 : http://www.quarterscalecar.com/

Again, ordered several hundred dollars worth of parts and they got here within a week. Here I was a bit surprised because I thought that the order was canceled. My Pay Pal account was debited the amount and then I noticed my account had been credited the same amount a day before the parts were delivered. I called Scott and discussed the issue, and he assured me they would be delivered the next day. They were. The only thing was he didn’t want to charge me for one part that was on back order ($20) and that was why my account was credited. It wasn’t until the day after I had all my parts that the money was released.



Bishop Tires: http://www.bishopracingproducts.com/

What can I say, without this company we would not have a sport/hobby like this in the world. I order my tires and I get them with a few weeks. Exactly the sizes I ask for.



To all of these companies and several more I have dealt with, I say THANK YOU!!!
I realize how much work goes into this, and wonder how you all find time to run yourselves. Keep up the good work!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
I started racing 1/4 scale in the spring of '05. I was running 1/10 touring cars on the same track as the 1/4 scales, and was awed by them. I'm a nascar fan so naturally, I was hooked. Walt and Scott George really encouraged me to jump into the big dogs, so the following spring I ordered my wcm through walt at classic hobbies. My first season was a huge learning experience and the guys i ran with were super helpful and always helped when i needed it. I learned a ton that first year and my second year was even better. also the spring of '06 i ran at clover in the ncs race there. What a blast!!!!!! I have dropped all other forms of racing that i took part in pryor to getting my 1/4 scale, and plan on racing for as long as I can. I'll be entering my third season at Classic Hobbies , and hope for good things this year. Special thanks to Walt Ellis, Don D. and the rest of the slum lords!!, Scott George, John Cibella, Chuck, Dick, Bob, Dan, Bill B., and of course, WCM for an awesome race car. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
rybred33 said:
I started racing 1/4 scale in the spring of '05. I was running 1/10 touring cars on the same track as the 1/4 scales, and was awed by them. I'm a nascar fan so naturally, I was hooked. Walt and Scott George really encouraged me to jump into the big dogs, so the following spring I ordered my wcm through walt at classic hobbies. My first season was a huge learning experience and the guys i ran with were super helpful and always helped when i needed it. I learned a ton that first year and my second year was even better. also the spring of '06 i ran at clover in the ncs race there. What a blast!!!!!! I have dropped all other forms of racing that i took part in pryor to getting my 1/4 scale, and plan on racing for as long as I can. I'll be entering my third season at Classic Hobbies , and hope for good things this year. Special thanks to Walt Ellis, Don D. and the rest of the slum lords!!, Scott George, John Cibella, Chuck, Dick, Bob, Dan, Bill B., and of course, WCM for an awesome race car. :wave:
oh sure i dont get any credit for makin you chase me all year!i see how you are man where the love :tongue: lol sorry didnt mean to get off track here is something on subject.i have bought stuff from pro1 and cat5 and had recieved my parts within a weeks time.this was just parts i have not had the liberty to by a new car yet so i cant comment on the time to get a complete car but maybe soon :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
www.racingrodends.com

If you need rod ends, QS components is the place to get them. Fast service, and great prices. He sells entire kits to re-hiem the while car, also. Check it out!
~Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
My first "real" R/C car was a used WCM i bought at my local (LPR)track at the end of 2005, ready to race. I went thru 2 bodies, and countless hiems during my first season of racing. I managed to keep it patched up till the off season. I emailed Rick at the first of the year with a wish list to get the car back in tip top shape. A couple of days later and I had prices. I called Rick with my CC info and had my parts in 3 days. Can't ask for much more, but I had a question about assembly. So I emailed Rick with my question and got his reply the same day.

BRP tires, Call Todd, tell him where your gonna run, a week or so later you have the best tires for your track.

A tip for newbies...buy a used car from one of the top guys at your track! Someone with much more experience has already done the hard part of setting up the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
ULTRARACE said:
oh sure i dont get any credit for makin you chase me all year!i see how you are man where the love :tongue: lol sorry didnt mean to get off track here is something on subject.i have bought stuff from pro1 and cat5 and had recieved my parts within a weeks time.this was just parts i have not had the liberty to by a new car yet so i cant comment on the time to get a complete car but maybe soon :thumbsup:
How could I have forgotten Colonel Klink? Chasing the 69 last year made me a better racer overall. Thanks alot you [email protected]#$%, you [email protected]#$% [email protected]#$%. LOLOL. Later RW.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,385 Posts
I see QS components (racingrodends.com) is offering rod end "kits" for Q-scale cars (ebay) now. Sweet!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,139 Posts
this is my rookie season in 1/4 scale and still learning won track championship yesterday at my local track LPR and won sportsman in DFW final showdown my 2nd qsac start its been a great year one for the books but could not have done it without the services of WCM (rick) PRO-1(jim) and BRP(todd) these are the best manufactures out there got fast service from all and very respectable people that love the sport just as much as we do and enjoyed the chats with all i had a blast agravating rick & jim at DFW great group of guys if you want a car pick one because they are the best out there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
I have ran a Lightning for most all of my quarterscale career. I still believe it is the best all around car on the market. They are very simple in design and easy to work on. Larry Cross has a definate passion for this sport and it shows. I am a die-hard Lightning guy not only for the quality and performance of the car, but the support that Lightning gives especially on the west coast.



Chance Overholt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,940 Posts
Do they have a new website? I have visited the other and it has not had any updated info in a long while.



Chance62 said:
I have ran a Lightning for most all of my quarterscale career. I still believe it is the best all around car on the market. They are very simple in design and easy to work on. Larry Cross has a definate passion for this sport and it shows. I am a die-hard Lightning guy not only for the quality and performance of the car, but the support that Lightning gives especially on the west coast.



Chance Overholt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
I believe Larry is in the midst of either changing his own website or taking over the current Lightning site. I know he has been busy with building his new shop and setting it up for production as well as stocking the shelves. But no I dont believe there is another new website. Im sure it will be up soon :)


Chance
 

·
Having fun is #1
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
I started racing Quarter Scale last year at the end of the season. We have a great sport to promote and if all of us work together we can make it grow even more than it did this year. We have signed uparound six new drivers here in SC. this year and about four in GA. I here around eight new comers in the AL. area. So everyone pitch in and help us promote the sport and try to make a few of the NCS races next year. Everyone has a good time and get to meet people from all over the country. Hope to see all of you at the races next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Speaking of manufacturers will anyone or has anyone considered taking over the raco lineup? Back yrs ago before Danny bought out the raco rights those cars were a dream to drive and were really bullet proof. Of course there setups were way different than anyone elses with the motor sitting so far back in the car and running a tire on the right front that on any other make of car wouln't turn in a 10 acre field. It would be nice to see them make a come back as well and give alot more diversity amongst the brands out there. sure wish I never sold mine now I've regretted that from nearly day one after it was gone.

James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
cnccustom said:
I can't get the page to come up...

but if you could add www.bullseye.9f.com we would appreciate it

We Manufacture the Bullseye Line of 1/4 scale cars....soon to have Drag Cars and a Monster Truck
See if it comes up this way I have you added already
http://firstquarterracing.phpbb.instant-forum.com/

or try Mike Willmann's website go to the message board link.

Bob here it says i took it off your site.If you want the words changed let me know

Bullseye
Home of The Bullseye 1/4 Scale Sprintcar We will soon be offering 1/4 Scale Drag Cars and Stock Cars...Check back often
Or Call Bob Bates 951-541-4748 Website

ED
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
cnccustom said:
Can you do anything about the pop ups on that site
No its a free site.I have the google tool bar and i get no popups.I will make a page and i will put in on Mike Willmann's site.I will have a dot com site in a month or so.Buliding it now.I also take care of Mike's site.

ED
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top