Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Featured in the DS Customs showroom: "The Arc-Light" (custom '59 Karmann Ghia Coup)

Design by DS Customs

Checkerboard courtesy of Camarors

The drapes belong to Mrs. Dragnet :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Could've been better, but had to salvage several mistakes. The pics show up the flaws a lot more than in person though.
Great work, DS :thumbsup: Like the simplicity of the flames. By the way, just gotta love those new digital cameras. Dosen't matter how careful I am, the car always looks worse 3 times it's real size. :p

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SkipperC said:
Dosen't matter how careful I am, the car always looks worse 3 times it's real size. :p
That's true. At least I got the problem with my batteries draining too quickly fixed. But I still need practice with the camera. I must've taken more than 20 pictures and these were probably the best four with a little cropping. Of course, the cropping seemed to zoom in on things even more.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darkwiz said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Robert, that Ghia is one hot ride. I hope it shows up on the streets of Diecast City.
Hey DW...haven't seen you around much lately. I got most of the problems ironed out in the next chapter of Diecast City. The hardest part of writing chapters in quick succession like I did for a while...is figuring out how to tie up all the loose ends and conclude the thing within the next two chapters. I took a little break and kept coming back to it, but I always got stuck in the same place, with no ideas that I thought would move it along the way I wanted it to. I figure the next to the last chapter should bring the hero to his wits and and give the bad guys the upper hand. This, along with all the characters from the board in this chapter wasn't easy to accomplish. I'm going to be leaving it sit today and working on it tomorrow. I made some headway on it over the last couple of days that I liked a bit better. With any luck I'll have a finished chapter by next week at some point. At least that's the plan right now.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Hey DW...haven't seen you around much lately.
I kind of banned myself for awhile :) . Plus I just needed a little break. That and the fact that I haven't bought any new JL's for the last 5(maybe 7 ) months.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Talk about "old school'! HAND PAINTED Flames...yes sir, now that's just cool!

Uh, I mean hot...no, cool....uuuh...ah heck, you know what I mean!

Car came out very nice. And they get even better with each one. Nice work.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
carnut2256 said:
The "Committee" heartily approves ..... if it exists, that is, which it doesn't, so forget what I just said. ;)
What's that...couldn't hear that "C" word for the static that suddenly filled the airwaves. Funny how that happens whenever I think someone is going to mention the commit....CRACKLE POP SNARK!!!

Can you hear me?

Is anyone out there?

Anyone at all...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts