Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This engine hadn't been used for a couple of years. The gas smelled rancid in the tank. I removed the carb and attempted to clean it. The carb was so gummed up I couldn't remove the main jet, so I bought a new carb. Installed the carb now the engine runs except for a surging at high throttle. The surge is not there at idle. I always thought that surging was a dirty carb, but this one is new. I drained all the old gas from the tank and changed the fuel filter before starting. I have done a static governor adjustment with no change. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why the engine is surging? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Have you checked the top running rpm with a tach? could be the governor spring tension is too high and the governor can't find that happy point at top rpm's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts