Hobbyist Forums banner

What is your favorite color of HO slip-on silicone tires?

• Black

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • White

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Red

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Orange

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray

• Brown

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Purple

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your favorite color of slip-on silicone tires?

If you like more than one color, please vote on the poll for your first choice of color and post a replay to this thread with your other preferred color(s).

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I voted -"Black" above....as REAL 1:1 tires are Black, and I like them to look real'ish. BUT, I also run alot of Dirttrack oval racing, and my 2nd choice of color would be Brown(or Tan'ish?), somewhat like they used on the X-traction "Muddy" Dukes of Hazard cars.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Once upon a time ... i liked the traditional black but then my eyes stated to fail slowly on me . So now days give me orange or yellow or white . Something so i can see my car at the end of the track ! Today's long tracks and fast cars coupled with some aging racers is a recipe for colored tires LOL !

Bear :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Black for the same reasons stated above but I have to say, we run my IROC cars, tweaked tuned and built by our very own aj350, and they all run white O-rings up front and matching white silly's out back. Now, they really look cool when running all 4 this way. Especially with the cool bubba racing 55 chevy pick up bodies. Really trick looking bunch. Sorry just my opinion.

BTW: Thanks aj350 aka AL for building these babies. They all run great and therte is no clear cut winner, all run the same.....FAST!!!!!!!! Awsome chassis tweaking pal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I voted Yellow but in 1/32 I can't find anything EXCEPT Black or Black with white lettering. Even Yellow Dog tires are Black :confused:

Later The looking to be different with my TOY cars Rockinator

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like red for some reason... they look good beneath most any car, you don't see a lot of them and I just obtained a small box full of red o-rings and sillies :rolleyes:

Some blacks with wide white walls would be cool, though...

Do they still make the Redlines? I don't remember who used to produce them, but they aped the GM Muscle Car style of all black with a thin, red line around them... I think they were some weird foam, though, not rubber or silicon...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts