Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the finished model. My daughter and I ( I have not built a model in 30 years) built this with the help and guidance of this board. She won the Junior division at the Lightning Fest model contest.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I don't know how old your daughter is, but that looks a lot better than the one I did at the age of 9. Good job!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Congratulations to your daughter. Well done.
The blue tint might be because King Kong is so old, 1933. I can almost hear Fay Wray
screaming.

I enjoy seeing figure builders work. I need to try again. haven't done since a teenager.
Thanks for the pictures.

Lloyd

·
Starship Class
12,051 Posts
Great looking kit! Good to see old Kong hasn't lost his winning ways with the females.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's awesome. Oh, and the kit, too!

That kind of quality time spent with your daughter is the best you'll ever spend. Mine is 13 now and has moved on to friends, the telephone and the computer. Our days of doing models together are over, but the ones we did are the prizes of my collection.

Kudos to you for being a great dad.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
tell her congrats on the contest and that's one cool Kong . very well done .
and i can't agree more with what Python said .
my wife and i babysat a freinds 8 yr old son this weekend . she had to work sat and left me with him so i took him to Hobby Lobby and we snagged a PL mystery machine and built it up that evening . i don't think i've had that much fun modelling in a long time .
model on guys
hb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts