Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the peg warmer thread I decided to start this one.
The holiday classics are by far the fastest JL product I`ve ever seen sell.A case of these are usually gone within 3-5 days[except for the tucker]
I believe they could double production of these and still sell great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The first year of Holiday cars went real quick, and seemed to be impossible to get after the initial launch. But the following years, at least around here, they seemed to hang around forever.
Before this year, the Muscle Cars always seemed to go fast, and the Classic Gold didn't do bad, either. However, now it seems like everything is just sitting there. I have to believe that breaking the $4.00 mark has a lot to do with that.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I would say the VW's have moved the fastest(outside the General Lee cars).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Gadzooks N' Egads!!

I'd say that American Beauties were the fastest moving cars that
were sold off of the pegs . . . Although, I might add, we didn't see
much of this series on the shelves of our local stores.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Around here, VW's, Muscle cars, HOW and Holiday Muscle move out of here fairly quickly. Every now and then there are a few peg warmers but most of the cars disappear rather quickly.

THe HHR is still hanging along with the 1995 Caprice.
Everything else has disappeared.
Richard

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
The General Lee is probably the fastest seller that I've noticed.
Definitely, that and Herbie. With all the comments on the prices, they seem to be moving anyway. The lower production runs are a big reason for this. That and it also seems like they've figured out you don't send 10 cases of the same release to one store.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Hard to say what is moving best - as Mike said, they aren't putting out as much, so I have no idea what is there. I saw my first 4 Wicked Wagons this week - may have been out already, no clue. Never saw the Dukes of Hazzard series until this week either.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Looks like the Wicked Wagons are going to fly. From the Dukes, I'll say it is Roscoe's Police cruiser that you will be hard-pressed to find on the pegs.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Really???? I was there yesterday around 6pm. Saw the orange tow truck (w/ black wheels) and the Cargo truck (w/ silver wheels). No Dukes stuff. I did snag the aqua AMX from Retro.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
It seems to depend on the cars in the sets . Only the Holiday 58 Vettes sat around the longest . The recent Gold Series fly off the pegs real fast .. Of the current series , the modern cars seem to be slow sellers ..

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
GO-GTO said:
The new Zinger 5 packs vanished quickly around here, faster than the Cutlass 2 packs.

strange, there must be at least 5 of both still sitting at the TRU by me.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Originally Posted by GO-GTO
The new Zinger 5 packs vanished quickly around here, faster than the Cutlass 2 packs.

Atencio said:
strange, there must be at least 5 of both still sitting at the TRU by me.
Sounds like the TRU I was at tonight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts