Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you looking forward to in 2005?? for Diecast that is.
Lotta cool stuff coming and was curious as to what everyone is excited for??

My thoughts:

JL has a couple castings I have been waiting for: Bronco in Jan, 65 pickup should be nice, the Lincoln hardtop and convert if done right, Some of the Gremlin, Maverick, Pinto pieces are defintiely of interest.

Jada has the big ballers coming - lincoln towncar via 90s a number of caddy versions and some other new castings of interest.

Matchbox has some superfasts of interest, although the non-interesting wheels are easily changed. Not liking all but for under $2 they are the best thing going to MB. Will be interested to see their popularity when MB returns to regular vehicles in 2005 line-up. These freak caars were a travisty.

HWs seems to be SSDD - the preferreds continue t be the best thing out of them but the re-runs are becoming plentiful.

Interested in building more numbers of Biante, Norev and the like cars in my collection.

Will probably concentrate on more vintage pieces as the year goes on.

You???

·
Registered
999 Posts
Some of the JL castings sound really great - some of the themes leave me cold. I guess, once again, I'll be forced to buy what I like and leave the rest, which is still buying too much!

I agree, MB Superfast will be worth watching, but I hardly ever see any in these parts. I hope to flesh out some of my early JL holes (Stock Car, Top Fuel, etc.) and as always, keep an eye peeled for my childhood favorites - regular wheel Matchbox from the mid-60s.

I also hope to make more acquaintences through this board, of people who enjoy this as a hobby. So far, so good!

Mike

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Firebirds, Firebirds Firebirds. RC2/JL is doing two Firebirds releases PLUS there is at least one High Performance Pontiac release that should have some Firebirds. HWs is even doing a FE 1969 Firebird.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Johnny Lightning is once more going to get the bulk of my diecast money. Great cars coming for- how can I pass on the Gremlin and Pinto? :thumbsup: And the '05 Mustang, great car! I have yet to see a new casting that I'll pass on. Of course I'll pass on the Norman Rockwell series, however.

Matchbox is returning to the Matchbox I remember. Maybe it isn't perfect, but they've got two lines of interest now- the 1-75 line (now that the junkers are getting retired!) and the Superfast line. I just wish I could find all the Superfasts.

Jada has two interesting series' next year- muscle cars ('69 Camaro, '70 Mustang, '70 Charger, '69 Chevelle, etc.) and Homie Rollers 2 ('86 Cadillac, '95 Fleetwood, '90 Town Car, etc.). I may pick up the whole set in both cases.

Hot Wheels... So far the first '05 FE to catch my eye is that Firebird. I'll probably end up with about 10-16 First Editions and a few repaints of older castings. Just like the last few years. I'll pass on the Blings and Drop Tops- just as I did all the odd series' this year.

Revell may prove interesting. I don't know what they've got cooking, but if they keep up the lowrider theme, I hope to see some cars like the '77-'79 Thunderbird and some '70s Impalas. Lots of great '60s and '70s full size American cars can be done (and stock versions would be most welcome also!). If they continue to make some imports, I'd love to see the MK II ('82-'86) and MK III ('86.5-'92) Toyota Supras.

I'd love to see Yatming's 1000 series return. Wishful thinking, more likely than not, but this is still a great line of diecast. I'd love to find Yatming's 1/72 scale cars.

Tomica... if only these were available in the United States.

Siku... see Tomica. Like this year, I will probably have to rely on the Hershey Matchbox convention to stock up on both of these brands.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
diecast 2005

Hello,
What money of mine that will be spent on new diecast won't be without really thinking about how badly I need it first.
With exception to a few of the JL series coming out like the Holiday cars and whatever I can find cheap (Dollar Tree, KayBee 3/$5.00). Still looking for the Futuras (any all colors) and the Herbie VW.
Tom, nice Firebird. That is a regular issue HW? And for under a buck too. Got to find some of them.Has it got a metal base? I wish they would do something better in the way of wheels.
Mark B, tell me more about these MB Superfast cars. Are these reproductions of earlier models.
Swifty, agree with you 100% on the Tomicas, though I noticed with one I bought recent (Mazda RX8) that they have gone with far less styling, plastic bases, and much higher price tags. Very cheap feel to them (cheap as in non quality).
And Chinese made too (as oppsed to the older better quality Japanese made Tomicas).

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mod -

Go to http://www.1stopdiecast.com/ then to Matchbox and then the superfast links should pop up. A few new releases, some retor pieces and then just main line stuff in vintage styling with a traditional "box" included via old school.

Some are nice although the wheels are funky - I pick up a few when I see them and reasonable with extra detail sans the wheels for like $1.49 to 1.69 range.

As I said, they are very popular now with the main line pretty much garbage, however, when they go back to "real" cars it will be interesting to see what becomes of them.

You check out that link to that other site I sent you?

Dip

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Other than some licensed themes I could do without, there are several castings coming out that look outstanding to me and I am interested in seeing how JL pulls off the other scales. I hope they do really well. Again, most od my coin will go to JL. That HW bird does look really good and if they do more of that, I'll buy those as well on sale.

I like the Jada stuff in 1:64th but prices are going crazy! I also like the direction MB is going too.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have pretty much resigned from buying any HW anymore since they went "bling-bling." JL gets most of my 1:64th cash flow. And I've cut back on the 1:18 scale since I'm running out of room! 1:64 takes up less space. :dude:

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
dipstick said:
Someone told me that Markhos was looking ofrward to the Holly Hobby and Strawberry Shortcake Series from JL... just a rumor.
COME ON!! Quit letting secrets out!! Due out in January are the Strawberry Shortcake Rods. Might as well tell people now.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Heck if we're allowed to post all the secrets......wait til you see the Monday Night Football series due out after Saturday Evening Post!

These are awesome. Each heavily tampoed car comes with pics of a famous MNF game and score on it. Great action photo cards. Series one has plastic triangles with team logos on it that can be used for table top push paper football. Series two will have plastic football helmets sans "Old School" days that can actually clip in place on top of the cars!

Series three was joked the the blisters would come bloodied with your favorite stars plasma but it was discovered in the past that some of the blisters already come direct from the factory that way. LOL

·
Registered
788 Posts
All my money should go to JL, unless I pick up a Superfast or two (that is if I ever find any)

Looking forward to the Lincoln Continental, 67 Toronado, 68 and 72 Cutlass, 65 Riviera, CG Hornet, Ford Country Squire, Gremlin, 05 Mustang, 66 Impala SS and more. I have about thirty two or three JLs on my tentative shopping list as of right now. I may remove a few if they are released in ugly colors, or with bad wheels, just as I may find something else to add once I see them. Lots of new castings coming, and very few repaints that I will be buying. Overall, I'm very eagerly anticipating '05.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I gotta admit that '69 Firebird is a FIRST.....

But, not unlike a couple of you guys, I've all but quit HW and am strictly JL now.....most of my collection is now JL (and a few HW) and other marques but now when I go into the stores, I head straight for the JL pegs!

Rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
slot cars.

:jest:

tho I gotta admit that some of these new diecast releases have me lookin...

--rick

·
Registered
108 Posts
I hope JL is going to re-cast the 65/66 Mustang Fastback and not re-use the crappy 4 Wheel Drive version they have now.

Can you say R-Model :thumbsup:

Also a BWF Cobra :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Mark

R

·
0 Posts
Well,

all the Daytona Cobras that anybody would like to make, after that I'm not sure. Been pretty heavily adding to the Topper Custom and Frantic Ferraris here lately. Need to pickup some more Biante Aussie cars, can't have enough of those either.... other than that just the stuff I can't put down, probably very few complete series.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Other than the new castings that JL is releasing.........I'll probably pick up a couple of Autoart gems, and then start hunting down other obscure make/model year releases from Playart, Lonestar, old Lesney and the like. The e-store where I used to buy my Hongwell, Schuco and 1:64 Yatming closed a couple of months ago. I do trade intermittently with a guy in France........some of the new Majorette is pretty well detailed, but it seems like a lot of their offerings, as well as Norev are mainly Euro econo-boxes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts