Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to get a thread going again for Jeff and Troy at FANTOM Racing. They got some killer products! They carry a bunch of stuff inlcuding The FACTS Machine, The Fantom Comm Lathe, and a line of awesome motors!

FANTOM Racing has a lot of knowledge and years of experience behind them too! They have been around for a long time. However they took a little time off and have come back in full force! With a brand new website complete with an online store and Troy tuned my Ultra Bird motors at the 2007 Snowbird Nationals and helped me win the biggest race of my career! Fantom also helped Pete D’Agnolo finish 4th in Pro Mod and Rocket Miller finish 2nd in 12th scale 19t.

Here is a little bit from the site:

Just a little FYI, Pete was using our newest C.P. based (Alloy 2) hand-wound modified 6x1 oval wind, which is the same motor available to you in our custom shop. When ordering, just make sure to choose the “big wire” option. Also, Adam and “The Rocket” were using our latest brush and spring combinations, found on our newest 19 Turn motors, also available direct from our new web-store! Click here to order your custom motor today!

Check em' out! :thumbsup:

Adam Liehr
Team Fantom Racing - More power to the people!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Adam, give me a buzz when you get a second, have a couple questions for you about the open.

Glad to see fantom is back. Pretty much everything I used to run when I was buying stuff over the counter was fantom, and I never had any complaints. I am sure you, Pete, and Steve will do fantom proud.

See you this weekend!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Hi Adam , The new store on line is doing awesome , ,, With all the new motor lines [oval based] and a complete lin eof batts and latch etc etc ,,, Check it out , soon we will be posting car sheetup sheets for teh KSG cars and have a whole section of motor tricks to make your fantom motors SCREAM like ours in Sunny Fla .....

Best part of the new site is the custom winding area ....Want a 4 single with 13 gauge wire , they can do it .....

ROCKET Watch out TENNS we are coming in a few weeks...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
HI jeff Yes I still have my car from2 years ago , I am hoefull the new carpet is not going to be a big adjustment .....I will be in late on thrusday to get a pit spot and then race 19turn and brushless.....SRM Maybe MOD if enough guys are running SRM

Are you in for ROAR nationals in TENNS ......Flat track

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to drop Troy and Jeff a note sayin thanks for the awesome motors! Keep up the great work!

Adam Liehr
Team Fantom

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Rocket,

There should be plenty of mod guys for you to race against.... Glad to hear your coming.... Is Pedro going to be in tow?

Mario

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Rocket, not going to be able to make it to the roar nats. With school going on it is just too far of a haul. The new carpet at classic is awsome, you won't be disappointed. If you need a Mod set-up let me or Mario know, I think our cars are pretty close. Later!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Pedro is a no go for this race , ,, Jeff see ya next week ...I am going out htis wekend to get dialed in ...First thing Saturday Morning ......SRM

PS the new website is going great for FANTOM and they have repriced their armatures on the special winds..... Check It out

SRM

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Rocket - no more bump at classic either going into 1, walt fixed that when he put the new dancefloor down.

Not racing it but will be by on Sunday to catch up with everybody so I'll see ya then

Good luck !!
Eric H

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey guys ive got a question about the fantom dyno............. is it possible that if your 12 volt battery isnt working properly that the dyno could draw voltage through the computer to do a motor run?

thanks
Dylan S

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wanted to thank Troy again for the killer motors and support at the 2007 ARCOR NATS! It is nice to have great advice and info, just a phone call away! Not all companys have customer service like that! With his help I was able to qualify 4th and finish 3rd in my first Mod nationals experience! Ricky TQed and finished 2nd!!!!!

The modified field was full of top calibur drivers like Honeycutt, Roman P. Arnie, Phil M, and Ray Darroch!

The title came down to the 3rd A-main, with at least 4 guys having a shot to win (Honeycutt, Ricky, Fie, and Myself).

Check out the line of killer ALLOY MODIFIED and TEAM MACHINE WOUND motors!

Ricky, Mario Marsillio, Jeff Patch, and Myself all ran Fantom ALLOY 7x1 and 7x2 CP Motors. You can find them at most hobby shops and direct on their killer new online store.

www.fantomracing.com

Fantom is back, and in full force!

Adam Liehr
Team Fantom

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I wanted to thank Jeff and Troy for hooking me up with some awsome HP. If it wasn't for some bad luck in the heats I probably could have made the show. If was definately a top notch field, and some of the tightest racing I had seen in a long time. Ricky and Adam did an awsome job this weekend, not only on the race track, but off it as well proving why they are considered a couple of the nicest guys in the industry.

Jeff Patch
Another Satisfied Customer

1 - 20 of 41 Posts