Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the long-hinted-at, long-delayed photo survey of the 5-foot Proteus miniature--if I can do anything to inspire more and better kits of this fantastic vessel than I'm proud to have made that contribution to mankind...these were taken during a shoot for the upcoming special edition DVD release of the movie out in early June. There's also some photos of the 4-foot Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Seaview prop/miniature so enjoy...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Amazing stuff!

Somebody has a really nice (and huge) collection of models and toys!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, June 5th--with an audio commentary by me! Heh. Plus a bunch more extras--isolated score, Richard Edlund on the visual effects, storyboards for deleted scenes and much much more! They're also putting out a special edition of the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea movie with extras and finally, the long, long-awaited DVD release of...The Neptune Factor. Burp!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks for that! I'll definitely be picking up a copy of those.

Now if I could only convince Moebius to issue a nice styrene model of the Proteus. I think that Proteus is one of THE COOLEST ships ever.

Huzz

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it's out of the question for Moebius to do it, just not for another year or two...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lunadude, you should also add Randy Cooper's little Proteus-in-artery diorama to your site--it's available at starshipmodeler.com and it's one of the best representations of the Proteus I've seen...I'm guessing until drewid142's versions come out...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts