Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this Cooper-Jarrett truck many moons ago and kept it clean and in near mint condition for over 40 years... It was stolen about 5 years ago at a diecast/toy show at the Hilliard Ohio fair grounds. It wasn't for sale, but just being displayed in a locked glass jewelery counter... Someone busted the lock and swiped it along with a few other valueable vintage MB cars of others too... We were all highly pissed !!!
I looked and watched ebay ever since to find another in as good shape as mine was... I found it and won it... $105.00 plus $8.00 shipping... It is alot, but that truck meant alot to me and I would still tortue and kill the jerk if I ever found him !!!

·
Banned
565 Posts
:thumbsup: I am glad to see you were able to find another one, the price isn't to bad considering how much it means to you.

Now don't display that one at any shows unless you hire a body guard to watch over it the whole time... :tongue:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Awesome truck Steve...one I want for my collection also.
That really sucks about your original getting stolen. I've heard stories of people being ripped off right out of their hotel room at conventions.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
This one is in great condition for its age and the box comes with it. I don't think you paid too much. Awesome!

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Great re-find Steve! And it even came in the box you had.

I have one Cooper Jarret trailer with a missing door, and a blue rig I got for free in an attic find. I don't think the rig is that one though, plus it seems a little small for the trailer. But the trailer alone is a great vintage piece. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Sweeeet find , Steve. Sorry to hear that your original one was stolen, but it's good that you were finally able to find a replacement. I always liked that set and missed out on it a couple of times years ago...

:wave:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Good to hear / see you were able to find a reasonable replacement. It looks to be in nice condition. Based on how you described how you cared for your original one, it sounds like yours was near mint.
The thief will face his/her day of reckoning. It would be nice if you get the opportunity to serve him/her some sweet justice! :devil: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Awesome Recovery

Boy do I know that feeling......Steve am Glad that you found your missing treasure!......:thumbsup:......I'll help you knee cap the $%#@ too!....:devil:

·
Registered
910 Posts
very nice truck it sucks about your old one i hate it wen low lifes do that type of thing usually only because they cant afford there own...but as they say money is only money, memories are priceless!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I remember my Mom getting me that one in the late 60's and playng with it for hours. Thanks for the pics and another trip down memory lane.:thumbsup:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts