Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
There's already an M2 board in this forum. That would be the most appropriate place for Ground Pounder discussions. I've already shared my opinion: they're not the new MM. They're not as cool as MM and they do not carry the same sprirt of Rohan's images.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wondered what this was. I did a little looking around the web and couldn't find anything new from MM, so that explains why.

Nothing against M2, they are OK in their own right and trying to carve out their own niche. But I gotta go with PWSchuh here, it just isn't the same. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate the work of others too...this whole style harkens back to the Roth and Deal designs of the '60's and the Odd Rods stickers of the '70's. But MM's have always been in a class unto themselves, and even the standard bearers from MB (Cosmic Blues and Red Ryder) as much as I dearly love them, are only a pale reflection compared to the work of Rohan Day.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
They may not be MMs, but I'm sure they'll find their own fanbase. For those who are gonna miss Muscle Machines dearly, this will give some relief. I'm gonna reserve my judgement for a face to face meeting. They look promising.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Someone started posting pre-production pictures on one of the boards here ...and these things got shot down relentlessly... pretty much all bad reviews... most thought they sucked...

Sooo...maybe they decided not to make them?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I saw them advertised at 1 stop.

They do look almost like MM, just a bit more subdued. Not bad, but I miss the more agressive stance of MM. I see they are being catty, "two of the original owners," what's that about? I guess trying to gain credibility by riding the name...but I see no mention of Rohan Day. I mean, given a choice between a Rohan Day artwork print and an "almost same" rerun Muscle Machine, honestly I would go for the print if both were priced competitively. These look good enough, and I am sure they will get some followers. Personally I don't care for all of them, and I sure hope the opportunity to pick and choose among them will be there and not be required to order full sets. I'm not crazy about the chase car thing, I think that will ruin any chance they will have to be a decent relaunch or to distinguish themselves from other lines. I also think price is going to be a determining factor, the temptation to price themselves out of the market is going to be hard to resist.

Generally nice enough line, let's hope they can keep the things under control that ruined MM. This could make or break M2, and that would not be a good thing if it dragged them down if the line doesn't do well. M2 is at a particularly vulnerable point in their development, but they do need a big hit, and soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts