Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well another 100 lapper is in the books.

Jeff Creary with a fast car all night got into some trouble on the start. Bob Hendry all the way down from Michigan swapped leads back and forth with Rick White the first 80 laps of the race. Joel Biro, Garey Smiley and myself (Eric H.) waited in the wings conserving battery nearly 3 laps down. Around the 80 lap mark Bob and Rick's batts slowly began to fade. Tony Carruba (The man behind Team Power Push), then took the lead with, Garey, Eric and Joel charging hard. Garey and Joel lasted into the mid 90's but their batts gave up on them.

With Tony still leading, Eric and Craig Stiwald were the only 2 left. I gave it everything I had, closed the gap but dumped on lap 99 coming out of turn 2, as Carruba took the checkered flag, with 100 laps.

CONGRATS Tony C. on the win.
After the race, Tony commented "I finally got a win at this place!!"

Well deserved Slim !!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I think Ricky, Franky and Mario are running it this Saturday. A little test and tune action before the Fall Classic.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Mod this weekend for sure, last year the record was 50 flat so we shall see if we can figure something out for this year's record.

Gonna be fun slipping and sliding this weekend with some horsepower.

See ya the 21st.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think that it's official, I will be coming out of temporary retirement for the fall classic. Can't wait to see everyone again. You can count on me and my dad being there. See ya guys. -Jeff Patch

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
ah Jeff, you were supposed to keep it a secret, LOL
I kept my mouth shut like you had asked...........

Glad you guys can make it out.
I sent your dad a pretty throughout setup so ask him about it.
It looks like the big classes are going to be stock and mod. Some have mentioned dabbling in 19T. It seems each week someone else is building a Bombers car for the big race. That should be a crowd pleaser for sure. I have got some wrenching to do on mine, Herbbie whooped me last week.

Eric H.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Bomber set-up

erock,
If I may ask are your bomber set-ups close to your stock set-ups? & what type of roll-out are getting. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
naz53
Actually the Bomber's are tricky to get a hold of.
If you try and set them up like our pan cars, with having no rear downforce they tend to spin so we have all been putting some push in the car by stiffening up the front end and then just blipping the car in the turns the first 10-15 laps or so until the peak comes off the battery.

This is how my bombers car ended up Saturday, me and the guy that TQ'd both ran 37 laps. I think 38 is the record.

Woods X-15 chassis
LF
Purple spring
Purple tire

RF
Black spring
Red Tire (this helped put alot of push in the car)

Center-
Soft Graphite T-plate
Center shock - AE shock, #2 piston, 60 wt oil, Silva silver spring

LR
Silver spring
30 wt oil
TRC Green spec tire

RR
Blue spring
30 wt oil
TRC Green spec tire

Alot of Tweak on the LR, like 14 oz.

To be honest none of us have even calculated a rollout. We just hang the most gear you can on the car. Since you have to run a 120T spur, a 54 tooth pinion was the biggest gear I could get on the car, so that is what I ran.
The guys running the Hyperdrives that have more room have even put on 55 and 56T pinions and they are fast.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Bombers

erock,
Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering about that w/out the spoilers. We have a spec class during the winter - it's trinity spec motor & brushes, spec 6-cell packs, spec tires, any chassis & the body rule is allowed to be in 70's time frame (gives a few more options for some of the muscle cars) we allow rear spoilers.
Couple more quick things what brushes have been good in the specs? & also you don't have to run spec rears do you?
Thanks Again!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I wish we could run the 70's era bodies, that would be neat.
We are running the pre-1960's body rules. So everyone is pretty much just running the '55 Chevy or '56 Ford that Mcallister makes.
4 cell spec pack, 4 cell spec motor, open brush, open tires, 5" body rule.
We are keeping it pretty simple.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont think i am going to be able to make it on the 21st but i will be there for the classic count me in for mod. jeff good to hear from u again see you there.
Pete D'Agnolo

41 - 60 of 164 Posts