Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
there are fake whites... a real jerk that used to be on here actually went as far as to make the fake WL and then reseal it and take it into a store and put it on the peg.

So, buyer look out for the little differences.

I would call the factory cars that LOOK like they MIGHT be WLs just white herrings

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I think what your talking about is things like the James Bond Series all white jeep, the 88 Vette all white, those are not WLs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
real fakes.

I am aware of the cars that appear to be fake but aren't. I am interested in fake cars period or the ones that are made to be WLs but are not. Also does gold rims denote a WL?

·
Registered
740 Posts
tdellis said:
Also does gold rims denote a WL?
Not necessarily. A couple recent examples would be from the Coca Cola Calendar Girl and Scrapin' series.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
robmcin said:
actually went as far as to make the fake WL and then reseal it and take it into a store and put it on the peg.
Someone really did that? :confused:

Heck, now that I think about it, I'd be happy to find even a fake WL in the store - better than finding no WL's! :tongue:

Actually, I have suspected once or twice that I may have bought a fake WL off of eBay - wasn't sure when I was bidding, but got that feeling when they came in the mail - but I'm still not sure about one of them. I posted a thread on the car a ways back, but there was no final resolution to it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
robmcin said:
there are fake whites... a real jerk that used to be on here actually went as far as to make the fake WL and then reseal it and take it into a store and put it on the peg.
:eek: that sounds like the 'not a white lightning' resealer who was on the bay

in any respect, the ones that spook my out the most are monopoly two whites, :mad:

·
Banned
21 Posts
there are fake whites? are they the ones with the sticky paint and the crayon tampos? or the bad masking white overspray?

curious minds need to know.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
There is a guy here locally that is very good at making fakes .He actually sold a few back in November here but the people got their money back.He said they got mixed in by accident. He also has over 1,000 wl`s that are real so I`m sure he knew.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Found this in a Meijers two years ago. Sealed in a blister.

After a couple seconds looking at it the blister looked a little "off" and then I turned it over to look at the base.............

Pretty obvious then!!!! I bought it and opened it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.