Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i am fairly new to oval and rc's i was wondering if anyone had some small oval losi mini late model setup tips. thanks

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I do these same steps to my mini slider and mini latemodel. I have run on flat oval and our local track is a 11 degree banked oval.

The right front spring is replaced with a gold AE VCS side shock spring. I run no other preload on that spring. Left front I run a preload spacer that is just thick enough to keep the front arms level. In the rear on both sides I usually run two larger preload spacers and keep the arms level or just below level. Shock oil is 40 in all four. On carpet slipper is pretty tight. I run metal gears in the tranny not a ball diff. If running wing, I run as forward as possible. I run in classes with 4200 Mambas (which are allowed) Losi stock Slider motors, Losi stock Sprint motors, and Losi Insane motors. All run small 2 cell lipos. We mix Sliders and Sprints. I also use six small rubber bands. One from end to end of each camber rod and one on each side of steering links. This makes the car more stable. We run with either stock tires or foams and this setup works on both. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill try some of that i have or had a backyard dirt track but its gone so im on a hairpin oval surface is wood and im going against a sprint next week. i just wanted to se if i could get help. thank you!

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Will the wood be treated or have a surface on it? If not, traction will be hard to come by; so get some tacky traction compound. Sticky Fingers might work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it had been stained prob. 5 years ago, but is all faded away. its only like a 2 car race. bragging rights fro me or my buddy :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts