Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all that cool stuff on the Customs thread got me motivated. This has been on my workbench for over a year... just before LAST Christmas (as in 2005) I got back in touch with an old friend from high school. He told me he has a '66 Fairlane GTA convertible, and sent me a few pictures. It was so cool looking that I decided I had to model it as a Tjet. So stripped a JL Fairlane Stocker, hacked the roof off... and there it sat, till I saw all the cool customs that fellow board members have been cranking out...

thanks for the motivational jumpstart! :wave:

--rick

·
Registered
807 Posts
Woooowwww

Park,

Did the kebbler Elfs steal your car again...

Reminds me of austin Power...Minnie Me....
Great Job on vert... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Rick, Where have you been?

Long time no see. That 'vert looks great. Are you going to do a side by side picture of your buddy when you put a driver in it? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
What a nice job, love the side by side. What did your buddy think?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Very nice copy of your friends car. I bought a red Gt new and you have gotten the look correct in your model. Well Done! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the kind words, guys. SplitPoster, he hasn't seen them yet... I actually just finished emailing him the pics (and a link to this thread).

and hey Marty, how ya doin'? yeah, i gotta get a driver figure in there... I have a bunch of them from Weird Jack...

--rick

·
Registered
806 Posts
Rick - is that a Mustang interior? Great fit on the interior, boot and dash. Looks factory made with that authentic color scheme.
Jim

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The scoop on the interior: it IS out of a Mustang. (sorry, RR... :D I've used WJ interiors on a few things, but not this one...) I had the metallic blue fastback from one of the early slot releases and I decided I needed to slam it lower... by cutting the interior VERY carefully, I was able to save enough of it to throw it in the parts bin till I neede it for something else. I actually screwed up trying to paint it the first time because I didn't strip it and the metallic blue and black bled thru the white primer. If you look through the windshield in the first pic, you can see what looks like cutouts in the front edge of the dash. Those were the holes where the Mustang windshield attached...

--rick

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Yeah Rick, I like the Pony interiors for grafting myself. They have better depth and detail than most of the others, and are fairly easy to two tone. If you haven't had to much coffee. LOL

It never dawned on me that you had to poke an interior in as well. Duh!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Nicely done Rick! That looks really nice...
Who knows, this may just inspire me to get going again... lol
Scott

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Hey Rick!

Your Fairlane is beautiful! I shure hope Tom is paying attention, hey!

I would never have known that it was a one-off custom, eh! I am adding it to my "build one someday" list!

Is this car staying in your personal collection or did you build it for your friend?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts