This time, engines are from Chrysler

Ixo : 1955 FV

Nostalgie : 1958 HK 500

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Those are cool models. I have a few Ixos - do you know how long they have been in business?

Also, one of my favorite F-Vs is the Excellence. Has anyone produced it in 1/43 yet? I like the version without the wraparound windshield the best.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HobbyRI said:
French auto,American engine, odd combination.
Not really, many small European manufacturers found it expedient to employ an American V8 as motive power. They were relatively cheap, powerful, plentiful & reliable.

In the UK, amongst others, Bristol, Jensen, AC and Gordon-Keeble, the Swiss Monteverdi and De Tomaso & Iso in Italy.

:wave:

Steve

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BluntFronts said:
Those are cool models. I have a few Ixos - do you know how long they have been in business?

Also, one of my favorite F-Vs is the Excellence. Has anyone produced it in 1/43 yet? I like the version without the wraparound windshield the best.
Ixo appeared about 8 years ago - I believe that there is some connection, to the old Vitesse/Quartzo company, which failed around the same time. Although, Sun Star seem to own the Vitesse & Quartzo brands now.

I've seen a photo of an Excellence in 1:43 - I'm pretty sure it was in resin from one of the French model makers - Starter or Provence maybe.

Steve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
jinx said:
Ixo appeared about 8 years ago - I believe that there is some connection, to the old Vitesse/Quartzo company, which failed around the same time. Although, Sun Star seem to own the Vitesse & Quartzo brands now.

I've seen a photo of an Excellence in 1:43 - I'm pretty sure it was in resin from one of the French model makers - Starter or Provence maybe.

Steve
Thanks for the answers, jinx. I had heard that Ixo had some ties to an older company, but I couldn't remember which one.

I'm glad that there's at least one Excellence around. Although I have one resin model, I'm not thrilled with it. If I ever buy another one, I will have to inspect it very closely before buying it. I hope someone produces an Excellence in diecast instead.

Your coupes are quite beautiful, though, and well worth owning!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts