Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd get out some of my favorite castings based on vehicles built in the 1950's. :)

Here we have from left to right: Matchbox '51 Hudson Hornet, Matchbox '59 Chevy Wagon, Matchbox 1955 F-100 Panel Van, Matchbox 1957 Chevy convertible, Hot Wheels 55 Chevy (custom restoration), Hot Wheels '56 Custom Ford Truck, Hot Wheels '55 Chevy Bel Air, Hot Wheels '55 Chevy Gasser

Better view. :)

Feel free to post some of your favorite vehicles from the 1950's! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My favorite era of automobiles...then again with a handle like "pjedsel" what would you expect. :) the Hudson cop car and the '59 Chevy from Matchbox are awesome. I will try and get some pictures posted later today of some of my favorite '50's era cars. Got a window crew putting in all new windows in the house and everything moved here, there and everywhere and need to remember what safe place I put my camera. :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My favorite era of automobiles...then again with a handle like "pjedsel" what would you expect. :) the Hudson cop car and the '59 Chevy from Matchbox are awesome. I will try and get some pictures posted later today of some of my favorite '50's era cars. Got a window crew putting in all new windows in the house and everything moved here, there and everywhere and need to remember what safe place I put my camera. :)
I Look forward to your photos! I also thought you would like to contribute to this thread. ;)

Yes, the '51 Hudson and '59 Chevy Wagon from Matchbox are two of my favorite finds of 2017. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do the MBX and HW Hornets compare for scale?
That's a good question. Since I don't have a HW Hudson Hornet to compare to the MBX one I am not sure of the scale difference if there is one. I am not 100% sure but I think the MBX one might be 1:65 scale instead of 1:64.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Studebaker

M2 Wrecker and Racing Champions custom station wagon

Racing Champion which is the same color is my first car and Johnny Lightning

Maisto and M2

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
5G, that '53 Eldo is slick! Is it from GL Motor World?
If so, I have the tasty black one.

pjedsel, those old-time Suki and Roco '58 Edsels are real heart breakers!!! :thumbsup:

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
17,931 Posts
Lummox, no it is made by High Speed.

It's from Readers Digest.

The did a '57 Vette, '69 Camaro, '69 442, "56 Ford F-100 and a '64 1/2 Mustang also.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

A pair of Maisto's

New-Ray 1952 Mercedes-Benz Panamericana

Hot Wheels '57 T-Bird

Hot Wheels '58 T-Bird

How Wheels '57 Plymouth (Avengers)

GreenLight '55 Chevy Bel Air

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Lummox, no it is made by High Speed.

It's from Readers Digest.
Since GL's Motor Word series cars are from other makers,
that explains where GL got it from!

I'm looking at mine now and it compares exactly to your High Speed release.
There's even a recessed area on the base where the name was changed. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 228 Posts