Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #121 (Edited)
Gunter is still saying no sale but both drivers are out for next year! And like Ferrari, they are already writing off 2021 for the new car development in 2022.

New track layout and surface plus track limits at 1 4 and 15 for Portugal. Several 1st laps already deleted....

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
The changed up track limits for FP3 and 9 drivers exceeded the new limits in the opening laps.....

Bottas won FP1, FP2 and FP3 but was edged out by Hamilton by 1/10 in Qualify.

The race was different but I really like the hills and layout of the track.

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Another quick turn around to Emilia with only 2 days of activity. Coverage begins Saturday morning at 3:30 AM on the 31st. Dont forget about the time change Sunday morning!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
What's the deal with driver salary caps?

Autoweek had a story that because of the proposed driver salary cap Hamilton is not happy.

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Imola is a beautiful setting and track! But only 2 days of track activity has made FP a hard experience for the drivers. 19 of them had 80 laps deleted with only 2 corners being monitored!!!! Turns 9 and 15.

During qualifications turn 13 was added and turn 15 expanded to include a bit more of the curve. Still a half dozen or so times were still deleted during Q1 and Q2.

Tires were also cut back upon with only 10 sets available and 3 being turned in at the end of Qualifications.

Kudos to Red Bull for changing a spark plug in 5 minutes instead of 15!

If Bottas can make it to turn 2 before Lewis he should be able to maintain a win - finally!

With Verstappen staying in 3rd.

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Seems like nobody wanted to finish the race today!

Hamilton lucked out maybe with the yellow flag, but Mercedes wraps up the manufacturers championship!

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Instanbul is this weekend with Welcome to the Weekend and FP1 starting at 1:30 AM CT and a long gap to FP2 at 5:55 AM CT. Still on ESPN but the broadcasts starts on ESPN2 and jumps over to ESPN for FP1 and then back to ESPN2 for FP2 today.

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
FP1 and FP2 was sort of meaninngless this week. The track was repaved and smooth as glass meaning tire temps are not developing. Yesterday FP3 was rainy and still cold with 2 red flags. I havent seen the finish yet but the grid maybe really mixed up tomorrow - when more rain is expected.

The race itself is fixing to get started so I am going with the old top of the field choices, but going with Bottas to win and Verstappen finishing ahead of Hamilton.....

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I watched P3 and still didn't see the end. Thanks ESPN. About 15 minutes left they cut it off. I really can't stand ESPN. Yesterday I told them so.
Enjoyed the race today. Like him or not you've got to give Hamilton credit. The guy's maybe the best. Granted he DOES have a team.
Don't know who directs or edits Sky Sports cameras. But they really need to pay more attention to who is in their backgrounds. I would have been a lot less suspect of this guys "photo bomb" of Hamilton walking to the Merc trailer had he not been standing over a manhole cover.

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I noticed him as well - very strange!

A few races back I was watching a pre race show and a guy hauling out the trash came wheeling into the back ground with an overloaded cart and after about 15 seconds of live air time he and the overflowing trash cart exited stage left during the presentation.

Another thing we noticed today during the anthems at the trophy presentations - they had the 2nd and 3rd place flags reversed. During the team's country anthem they were corrected!

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
FP1 - its raining in the desert. Bottas doesnt win FP1, track limits at turn 4, 17 lap deletions?

FP2 - Bottas doesnt win FP2, will he win the race, 19 lap deletions?

FP3 - still raining in the desert, no more track limits?, Bottas is having issues only 3rd again, looks like Verstappen will be 2nd and Lewis 1st on the grid and in the race, all 3 are a second ahead of the field

·
Administrator
29,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Q - Bottas managed to edge out verstappen so I am going with. Hamilton gets pole #98. If he gets 99 and 100 this year does he have any records to break other than an 8th championship?

1st Hamilton
2nd Botta
3rd Verstappen

4th, 5th and 6th will be the race focus though as they are vying for millions in prize monies with drivers going to other teams next year.

Noone has picked up Perez for 2021 though yet!

121 - 136 of 136 Posts