Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I just finished my first model, the P-51 mustang "beautiful doll" kit from Revell. It wasn't too challenging and I wanted to start an F-15E. I was hoping some insight to these questions:

Which F-15E kits are solid in a 1/48 or 1/72 scale? Any brands I should avoid?

What colors should I pick for the body of the F-15E? It seems to me a dark grey with teal but Im not sure on the specifics and I hope someone out there is.

Thats it. Huge thanks!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Revell's F-15E is by far the best E hands down, in 1/48 scale. Unlike the other Revell F-15 kits, which are the old Monogram kit (not bad but not stellar) their E is a newish tool and is quite well done. It was also done as the Strike Eagle from the ground up, and not converted from an F-15A etc.

The Revell kit has been sold in several packaging, including Pro Modeller, Revell Germany and plain old Revell. The Pro Modeller kit has a nice set of underwing stores. Sadly the Revell and Revell Germany issues have no weapons provided, but you can get those from a Hasegawa 1/48 bomb set. The basic Revell kit is still the best weapons or not.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The E has been used in different schemes so you arent limited to overall grey... and the IDF uses them in a cool camouflage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the great replies. I think it is the gunship grey I'm looking for. I'd like to replicate the F-15e found here: ww w.air-attack.com/images/single/823/An-F-15E-Strike-eagle-conducts-a-mission-over-Afghanistan-2.ht ml

Note: I can't yet post URLs so remove the space in www and html

·
Oxidation Genius
31,274 Posts
Actually, all the USAF Es are indeed plain Gunship Gray. The Israeli plane is an F-15I, which is of course based on the E. The only E I know of that wasn't just Gunship Gray was the single prototype, which was in Euro-1 lizard camo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts