Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread - this one's called Eyeballin'
I don't know about you guys but I picture results in my head but sometimes I need to see it with my eyes to work out some of the details. Here is some of the things going on in my head...

What's going on in your head?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Had a few parts laying around the shop and wanted to see what they would look like if they were all together.

stay tuned

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
They look like they would go together perfectly. I would get those babies in production asap!!! Great bunch of rides there slotto. :thumbsup:
>Tom<

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
More cool looking stuff Slotto, really liking the blue Vette. That would look good crusing the track...Liking the red Hot Rod too. Ya giving me lots of ideas I may need to borrow...RM

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Good eye Slotto...

Randy spotted what I spotted too. Pic 1 - Blue Vette. Very hard to dress that girl up. In stock form... blaaah. But this way it shows a huge turnaround and the most promise of the bunch ( I think ). Vast improvement lies ahead and it looks like a chassis fit might not be such a struggle. Sometimes I conjur up similar overhauls with stock Aurora bods in my mind too, but chassis issues can be frustrating. This Vette though, with the bigger wheels and lowered like this?? I'd like to see it done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Slotto, a word about the JL '59/'60 Corvette. I'm afraid you'll never get it that low- Especially not with those size wheels. Nuther Dave built his white one pretty low, and I built my Pink one even lower, but it came with a price- I ground right thru the interior pan, and just barely left the dashboard and seat bottoms paper thin. And NOBODY can go lower without grinding thru the hood and trunk lids. This was a vibrator body that NEEDS a Vibe chassis to sit low...

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
oh I dunno Ralph....

... a word about the JL '59/'60 Corvette. NOBODY can go lower without grinding thru the hood and trunk lids.
These are Slotto's ideas. I wouldn't be so quick to discount his voodoo or anyone else's on this particular board. Since 2004 I have seen enough ground breaking skill demonstrated on HT to know that conventional thinking and finite limits can and will be thrashed around here. Matter of fact count on it.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Slotto, a word about the JL '59/'60 Corvette. .
*snip* This was a vibrator body that NEEDS a Vibe chassis to sit low...
I'd take that bet. :D
Just depends on how much ya wanna work for it
and if you are willing to kick a hole in the side of the box!
Slotto has already PROVED that he has a bunch of boxes
that have boot shaped holes in them.
He has already inspired ME.
Diggin' it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Ok, well....I was just referring to using a Pancake Chassis, I forgot he likes to build his own chassis with other motors. My Bad...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Guys. I hope that I can continue to inspire. These are all just ideas of mine that may or may not come to fruition. As you know, I will not sacrifice an idea or be forced to use a chassis out of the race box.

This is an open thread and I encourage you guys to post some of your ideas as well.
slotto

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Good eye Al! That Willys looks kinda sinister sculpted like it is... The pointed hood, sloped in the front... and that evil grin by having the lower section rounded up at the sides.. It just screams for a couple clix in the front seats!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
I don't know Al, I think Bob...z and Ed may be rubbing off on ya...:rolleyes:
It's not a bad looking Willys, maybe add a half windshield, remove that door sticker, a little more WIP rat rod sanding...Not sure what that rod is out back, fuel neck maybe? RM

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The chassis that I'm working on for the Dodge Ram will fit the Johnny Lightning Cuda and the Tomy Nomad. With a little messaging, it will fit the Grand National as well. As you may get the hint from this thread, I'm a BIG fan of black cars.

stay tuned

1 - 20 of 29 Posts