Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my Eye Gone Wild.

The kit went together very quickly. The kit is mostly box stock but I did curl the spikes a bit and add other details including an eyeball shift knob.

Thanks to Fred Mellini and Weldon for the dry brushing tips. It was a lot of fun to do because I didn't have to stress over scale colors and details.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Wow, very nice! I wasn't too crazy about getting this kit but looking at yours makes it very tempting. The bigger problem is finding time with all the other kits on the shelf to build it. But yours is fantastic and I may pick it up now.

And a question if I may? Was this a repop from some years back? I kept a fairly close track on models up till about 1970 and then kind of went off on model rockets and such. I don't recall this one amongst the Tom Daniels, Rat Finks, Silly Surfers, and Wierd-Ohs. I suspect it was but don't know myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

It's an all new design by Von Franco. Hopefully we'll see more designs from him this year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow... beautifully done! Love the color you used for the car body... :thumbsup:

I really like this, seem to me as if it fits right in with the other kits of this
type just fine. I'm gonna pick one of these up and give it a try....

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Okay, I'm starting to rethink my plan to pass on this kit...cool piece of work, sir! :thumbsup:

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
Nice work RC-Archer! :thumbsup: Now that we're starting to see some build-ups and photos of the kit from different angles, I'm liking it more and more.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Very, very NICE!!!!:thumbsup: I like all of your build up, especially like the way your added some curl to the roof spikes!! GREAT job. - Denis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!! I can't WAIT to see what you guys come up with. There is a LOT of potential for customizing and detailing this model.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
After seeing your build, I went out and bought one.

How did you do the curling? With vinyl kits, I use a hairdryer to heat the parts. Can you tell me what you did? Thanks!

Wayne

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used a hot air gun and had a bowl of cold water handy. Heat each of the spikes very carefully and be ready to dunk it. I used a butter knife to bend the spike as soon as it started to move. It is VERY tricky. Practice on scrap sprue to get the feel of it.

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
I got mine the other day. A great kit that should be a lot of fun! I have some definite ideas to make it a bit different from Von Franco's artwork, but I think they would be better suited to one of the other kits from this line that Moebius is considering for future production (specifically "Monster Shifter") and I'd prefer not having two kits that look alike. So, do I use them on this kit just in case Moebius doesn't produce the other kits, or wait and see what happens? Decisions, decisions... :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts