Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes. I am a person who opens up every model I get. I don't like packaging so it always goes. Normally I would do this sort of thing at home, but I told John to take the model to the Gathering and do a piece on opening it. Paramedics are standing by just in case anyone gets overcome and faints.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Yes. I am a person who opens up every model I get. I don't like packaging so it always goes. Normally I would do this sort of thing at home, but I told John to take the model to the Gathering and do a piece on opening it. Paramedics are standing by just in case anyone gets overcome and faints.

:) :D :p
I sort of understand. The Lamley blog has posted cars way more rare than I probably ever own but the few that I have are all out of their packs. Not because I don't like packaging but because I don't ever want to sell them. The Ford GT is a special case and I would at least keep it in the little Matchbox box that it comes with. Those boxes are different, I do keep those and a lot of the 1980s window boxes. They're sort of part of my personal MBX experience, quite different from other brands where it's only a blister.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Some of those comments are funny. "Ouch" "That hurts" "He's crazy!". For some people, keeping the cars socked away inside the package just isn't an option. It would be like experiencing the hobby through a filter, eating your favorite meal with a mouth full of novocaine... Or touching a naked women with an oven mitt on each hand! :lol:

You can't just look at it through a plastic window, you have to touch it to get the full effect. That's been my motto for years and years. One reason I cut out the Hot Wheels mainlines to a large degree, is that I'm an opener, and those things are essentially worthless out of the blister. If I'm going to spend money on something, it's always nice if it retains some value out of the package. Even if I never plan to sell it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts