Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have a question on changing diecast trucks. what i want to kno is : i have a blue ford f350 that u get from tractor supply company.i want to transfer it into an 08 chevy z71 4x4 extended cab.is this possible to be done?an also wanting to know how i can open a tailgate an make it look professional. any help and ideas would be so appreciated .

·
Registered
491 Posts
hey everyone i have a question on changing diecast trucks. what i want to kno is : i have a blue ford f350 that u get from tractor supply company.i want to transfer it into an 08 chevy z71 4x4 extended cab.is this possible to be done?an also wanting to know how i can open a tailgate an make it look professional. any help and ideas would be so appreciated .
not sure about the changeover but i may be able to help you with the tailgate. if possible have two trucks on one i cut out the tailgate without worrying about damaging the metal around it. this is the tailgate you will use as it will not be damaged.on the truck i am going to do i cut out the tailgate without worrying about damaging it as it will be trashed. what you should be left with is one good tailgate and one good body now just hinge it and that part is done.:)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
not sure about the changeover but i may be able to help you with the tailgate. if possible have two trucks on one i cut out the tailgate without worrying about damaging the metal around it. this is the tailgate you will use as it will not be damaged.on the truck i am going to do i cut out the tailgate without worrying about damaging it as it will be trashed. what you should be left with is one good tailgate and one good body now just hinge it and that part is done.:)
also a trick i use for "extra" body panels if i don't want to destroy two for one...i use heavy duty foil, like the king found on the lids of a Stouffer's family mac & chese...
1 cut a piece oversized to the piece you need to replicate
2 burnish it down on the piece with a Q-tip(to get all the details into the foil)
3 trim 1/16 to 1/8 over the size you need and fold the sides up at 90 degrees
kinda like a flat open top box
4 fill box with 2 part epoxy or J B quick...let cure to hardness
5 place where needed...the epoxy/J B quick will give it backing strength

·
Registered
980 Posts
Check this one out on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-64-CUSTOM-LIFTED-CHEVY-TRUCK-Farm-toy-Ertl-DCP-1-/300749324723?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item46060e81b3
Looks to be a reworked Hot Wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Best tool for cutting out doors is the jewlers saw and small blades. Takes a little practice. Make your cuts on a slight angle to prevent seeing through your cuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts