Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mower has a 17hp kawasaki v twin engine. It won't turn itself off at the switch. I jumped the switch no change. I found its not firing well on both cyl. No change in Idle when I pull one plug. I switched the two coils and the problem switched sides. I replaced the bad coil and it didn't help. coud the other coil be bad two? Any help please I'm stumped

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Is the kill switch lead wire plugged into both modules??

Are both modules installed correctly?

They are usually marked with an arrow that shows the rotation of the flywheel when they are installed properly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi , i dont know about tha kaw, but on some engine, they have one or two diodes in line,to the coils.. so i would check to see if u have any on this engine ,if one diode is bad ,it will act like that,, tom

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
hi , i dont know about tha kaw, but on some engine, they have one or two diodes in line,to the coils.. so i would check to see if u have any on this engine ,if one diode is bad ,it will act like that,, tom
There may be a diode to the kill switch on some, but there is not any on the kill lead between the two coils. A simple continuity test from the kill switch lead wires that plug into the coils and the wiring harness will determine if this is the issue preventing the engine from shutting down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts