Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...there's a piece that literally makes your jaw drop. I have to pick mine up off the floor every time I look at this fine example of perfection.

I love GLs 2-piece wheel style. It makes their rims look incredibly deep and realistic since they're completely hollow behind the wheel slots.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with you.

With storing hoards of 70-1/2 Camaros,from several dfferent companies,...even still, I had to pick this one up.
If GL keeps this up,I'm gonna have no problem weeding out the sour apples, when the time comes.

·
Registered
972 Posts
And what I like is that GL has done both the split bumper version and the full bumper version in the first series. I actually prefer the full bumper version on the 1:1 car so I was glad GL did one in 1/64th scale, as everyone else has done the split bumper version already.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Their colors just seem to pop. That GTO in orange does the same thing. Almost like a House of Kolors thing? I have a hard time thinking this is captured in such a small scale. Kudos to the whole program. That paint really has depth.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I just got the yellow Camaro as my first GL. I need to add this one. I am very impressed and excited again about little cars!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
WOW, its not even a mopar and I Like those!
What I like is the Quality in the painted Trim, I always hate when I open a JL or HW and see the painted side marker light, Tampo, pin stripe off.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
They look sweet. Wish i could find some around here. Might order a case online not sure who to order from though. Heard alot of good things about each online dealer.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I picked one of those Camaros up recently. I really like this color.

A few things I noticed. The raised white lettering tampos on the tires seem to have gotten smaller, giving the tires a more realistic look than previous versions :thumbsup:

Take a look at the rear spoiler. It doesn't wrap around the fender like my red GL '71 Camaro Z28. I do beleive this spoiler was an option for 1970, but not totally sure. If it was, this is a really cool variation and very nice little detail. Any of you Camaro experts have any input?

·
Registered
458 Posts
SD64 said:
Take a look at the rear spoiler. It doesn't wrap around the fender like my red GL '71 Camaro Z28. I do beleive this spoiler was an option for 1970, but not totally sure. If it was, this is a really cool variation and very nice little detail. Any of you Camaro experts have any input?
I noticed this too and was wondering about that myself. The pics of the set show this car with the wrap around spoiler I believe and I was surprised to see the spoiler this way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts