Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that your local store, Target, WM, or TRU, just never gets anything new. TRU is the worst. I haven't seen anything new from them in months! Maybe some V-Dubs, but that's it! I was lucky enought to find the latest 1/64 scale wave of BTM at one super WM, but other than that, it takes them months to get anything new! I haven't seen any new 1/64 Dub City or High Profile from any of these stores. I never even saw any wave 2 or 3 D-Rods. They still have wave 1 warming the pegs. These stores got to get off their buts and get us some new stuff!!

Does anybody feel the same way or go through this frustrating dilemma?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Jada was the most frustrating line for me to collect. I was waiting patiently for my local WM or Target to get BTM wave 3 or some such in. Meanwhile guys start posting pictures on-line of wave 5. I missed like two whole waves of cars. From that day on I just sucked it up and started buying all my Jada on-line.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree... these stores can be frustrating at times. The Targets in my area are only carrying the BTMs in 1:64 now. I think they are only allowing for 1 SKU from Jada. The best bet is to buy you sets from an online hobby retailer or eBay.

E

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I feel your pain. LOl so to speak. yes, the store like Target, WM ect are "timed" so to speak. If they do an inventory and the computers are showing not many of one item (hotwheels) is not moving, then they don't get any new cases. I speak first hand as I worked at both Target /Wally. Next is individuals who 1.either have someone on the inside,or 2. pay for someone on the inside. We had one indiviual in Rochester,who paid a guy to call him day or nite when a shipment of hotwheels/racing champions ect came in, then he'd go in even at 2 am meet the guy, look through all the cases and snag all the good stuff. (ie treasure hunts ect). A friend and myself personally caught this guy in Walmart doing just that at 2 am in the morning. We reported him to mang,and he was kicked from the store that day.(Big deal) and the guy on the inside was canned. Another Big deal ;( always someone willing to make a buck for lil stuff like that.So just for the record,its not "ALWAYS' the stores fault.
Thats why haveing a place like Ht, ebay ect come in handy to find stuff.
Good luck and Happy Collecting
grey

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My problem with getting them online is that I'm not looking to get the entire wave. I collect 1/64 scale, mostly Jada, and pretty much all of their lines. I collect just one version of each car that is released. So if a 67 Shelby has already been released, I won't get it again. But some of these waves have repaints that I don't want. I may only want 2 or 3 cars out of that wave that I don't yet have.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Man...I feel your pain. I'm sure that if you go to the soda area of Target...the shelves are always packed with Coke and Pepsi.....but you go to the Jada peg...and...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts