Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Polar Lights ever considered doing a poll to see what the fans want to see as the next Star Trek model or future models?

I think instead of just releasing kits (like the Scorpian), y'awl should see what would have the greatest interest for Star Trek modeling enthusiasts (like myself).

I think, in all honesty, the Scorpian is just gonna be like Monogram's Kazon Torpedo. Cool kit, sure. But it was only on screen for about 10 seconds. There are at least 2 dozen other ships that are far more worthy of Polar Lights' attention.

Personally, I'd like to see a large-scale Excelsior with option to make is an Enterprise-B what with the chinnes and the beefed up impulse engines. Or maybe something that AMT didn't take on like the Oberth class from ST:III or even the Stargazer.

The neck of the Excelsior class would need some serious R&D, methinks. Just to stay away from any seams.

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Kosst Amojan said:
Has Polar Lights ever considered doing a poll to see what the fans want to see as the next Star Trek model or future models?

I think instead of just releasing kits (like the Scorpian), y'awl should see what would have the greatest interest for Star Trek modeling enthusiasts (like myself).
Your idea is well intentioned, young padawn, but suffers from the misconception that all model builders actually read this forum. Surveying PL BB members would be like divining to outcome of the election by polling the customers in a small cafe.

You also assume that RC2/PL would actually react to poll results.

Nice try, though.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts