Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work on my diecast/diorama in my garage, and every so often a neighbor comes by and checks out what im doing. In the last 2 weeks, 2 different neighbors stopped by and handed me a Hot Wheel. Today I got this one!

And a nice little old lady across the street said "Mike, IM throwing this table away..maybe you could use it in your garage for your cute little toys." I thanked her a few times and told her I appreciated it so much. But don't say "cute little toys." :tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
The feeling I got is they like you and what you do. Congrats on the nice neighbors., and the bomb squad

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
But don't say "cute little toys."
I have learned that if someone (especially a wife or girlfriend) calls your die-cast "cute," you should accept it. There are a lot worse things they could call them.

You have some awesome neighbors. The best gifts most of mine could give me would be a "for sale" sign in front of their house.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Great gift, especially the table.
Sometimes I wonder what the neighbors think when they see me outside taking pictures with a big bag of toy cars for an hour.

You have some awesome neighbors. The best gifts most of mine could give me would be a "for sale" sign in front of their house.
:lol:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Sounds like you have some cool neighbors. That lady was quite generous offering that table to you - more work space is usually a good thing!

Usually whenever somebody comes in my garage for the first time, their jaw drops. I love it!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I gotta say I have the coolest ppl where I am.

I live in an apt. building and the manager lets me use a corner of the basement to paint my cars. He likes what I do and he knows it keeps me out of trouble.
Yes, some neighbors have seen me down there painting, and they also do their own thing, but everybody has their freedom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts