Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2304 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
JB-
lol, i clean my neighbors pool as a job. dont worry, im just a teen too. i have dreams of a e-maxx, but like i said, i have to get a new set of front tires first.... and the links..., well..., just wait a few mins....

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Can't wait to see the evader mt and bx. Should be interesting.
Just out of curiosity, Smojoe, what kind of tires are you gonna get?
I could probably use a new set of tires/wheels. All four of my wheels are cracked or damaged in some way.
JB

·
Registered
807 Posts
While I'm on the subject of broken wheels, what wheels seem to hold up the best? I know RPM makes durable products, and their wheels for losi trucks should fit the evader.
Thanks
JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
for the front, something by pro-line it will be. the back, i currently use Dirt Hawgs mounted on associated rims. for road use, i use Road Rage all the way around mounted on RPM "clawz." Wut do u use?

·
Registered
779 Posts
JB-
What kind of batteries do you use? im lookin for somethin for a longer run time, and thought i could get some pointers from you.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Hi All,

Re: Wheels - I use the old Losi XXT/XXTCR yellow disc wheels front & rear. I picked up a bunch of these real cheap on a close-out somewhere - they hold up great.

Re: Tires - I run on dirt only, Pro-line Bow-Ties on rear and Pro-line The Edge on front. This combo is like running on rails on our track - the truck just sticks.

Re: Battery packs - I have a mix of Trinity Amp-Max II packs (Sanyo 1500 mAHr cells) and homemade packs based on Sanyo 2400SCR cells (I get free and/or cheap samples of these cells through work - Tee Hee :devil: )

Jep
Visit Jep-R/C for Evader Hop-Ups at www.geocities.com/jep_rc

·
Registered
807 Posts
smojoe said:
JB-
What kind of batteries do you use? im lookin for somethin for a longer run time, and thought i could get some pointers from you.
I use team orion 2400 mah rocket packs. They aren't pro level or anything, but they work well. I'll have my run time posted later. What I like about these batteries is the cost. They are about $17 at my lhs. While they aren't as good as other nicds for power or nimh's for runtime, but I think that the price makes up for this. Think about it: For sixty bucks you can get 1 good nimh or three rocket packs (as well as maybe some new brushes or other things). 1 nimh=3000mah. 3 rocket packs= 7200 mah. They may not be the best for power, but for the cost, they can't be beat.
By the way, Smojoe, thanks for all of your help:wave:
I hope that this helps you!
JB

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hello I'm new to rc trucks and I bought the evader Tues. I stripped the ball studs out of the rear and again on the tie rod tonight. Any advise to repair the threads would be helpful. Also what type of plastic is the chassis made of. Thanx

·
Registered
779 Posts
the chassis is made from a "stress- tech" plastic that duratrax makes. as for the ball cups, i dont know. i slightly remember something that i learned about that in Car Action, but not enough to help.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
La. Dano said:
Hello I'm new to rc trucks and I bought the evader Tues. I stripped the ball studs out of the rear and again on the tie rod tonight. Any advise to repair the threads would be helpful. Also what type of plastic is the chassis made of. Thanx
Depends on how badly stripped they are. If they are still "snug" , but just keep turning when bottomed out, then put some low or medium hold Loc-Tite thread locker on the threads, and this time just barely snug them up - this goes for all screws going into plastic, just snug them up lightly till they are in all the way, and no more.

If you can totally pull them out of the hole, then you will have to fill the hole and re-tap it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I got another problem now though, I cleaned the diff and the spring and nut will not go in the left side outdrive deep enough for the axle to go in all the way. Also is it supposed to fell gritty? Just doesn't feel right.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
La. Dano said:
I got another problem now though, I cleaned the diff and the spring and nut will not go in the left side outdrive deep enough for the axle to go in all the way. Also is it supposed to fell gritty? Just doesn't feel right.
Make sure the plastic nut (part 22 in the attached pic) has the ears turned the right way, other wise the nut won't go on as far.

No - it should not feel too gritty. Did you tear it all the way down and get everything clean? (That means bearings, rings, gears, thrust washers and balls, diff balls, etc.) Also, did you use Associated diff lube before re-assembly?

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I put it back together following the diagram with lossi lube (4 times) with the same effect when I put the axle in it won't go far enough to snap the camber link on. Its eating my lunch for one who's very mechanicaly inclined.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hey smojoe, also try the v-maxx rocket packs. They have a emaxx combo thing that has two 2400 mah batteries for about $40-50. They should be better than the regulars because they have had the v-maxx process (can't remember what it does, go to the team orion web sight.)
JB

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
La.Dano - You have me stumped. I just had my diff out last night and re-built it. I did notice, the ears on the plastic nut do not bottom out all the way in the left outdrive when fully tightened and spring fully compressed, there is maybe a tenth of an inch from the ears to the bottom of the outdrive slots.

The left and right outdrives are different on mine (even though the exploded diagram does not show this well). The left one (I think) has the protrusion that the diff gear bearings slip over. Did you get the left and right outdrives flipped around ?(I don't know if it makes a difference).

You do have to tighten the diff pretty good to get the spring fully compressed - are you sure you are cranking it all the way? (then of course back of just 1/8 turn).

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanx again jep I finally figured it out last night, I was using the slipper spring which is the same size just alot stiffer. The slipper spring will not compress enough, my bad. I did split 2 of the 1/16 bearings in the prosses had it pretty tight to do that. Is anyone useing the white soffter springs? how are they? My truck is real lose on the local track.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hey jep I just ordered your braces, and set up with paypal but on your page it has a black background I can't read everthing. How much do I send total and were to?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Dano,

Yep, I got the order, THANKS! :thumbsup: - I just sent you your total, check your email. Glad you got the Diff figured out.

Our track is new and still pretty bumpy. I use and like the white springs a lot - give em a try.

41 - 60 of 2304 Posts