Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2304 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
broken parts

Smojoe, what parts did you break? was the breakage a result of the motor or from crashing/hard landings. I can understand how too powerful of a motor can mess up the gears. Is this the case with the diff?
Thank you!
JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
the breakage was from me bein stupid. i ran a 24 tooth pinion on the speed run, the diff and slipper was to tight, and i was running on gravel. all three stupid things made the diff pop. once i get the diff gear replacement, im just gonna run the 16 tooth, and maybe the stock 18 when running on pavment with my pro-line "Road Rage". so it wasent the motor, it wasent from jumps, it was my stupidity and thinking that the evaders tranny was invincible.

·
Registered
807 Posts
srevos

Smojoe, thanks for your reply. I was a bit worried to get a 12t p-94, but now I will.

Does anyone know what kind of servo is in the evader? I'm pretty sure its a Futaba (that I know) s3003. I let my dad drive it the other day, and about a minute into his run, he oversteers a turn and hits a pipe, stripping a gear in my servo.
Thanks
JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
im pretty sure its a s3003. if not, i just replaced it with my dad's s3004 that he had for one of his airplanes. it had a little extra oz. or torque, and it was free, so it was win-win:)

·
Registered
779 Posts
i was wondering if you guys had any experiance with FET servo leades coming from your ESCs? first off, do the evaders have this FET servos and what exactly is an FET servo?

·
Registered
807 Posts
The only servos I know of that use the fet's are ko propos.
I just got a p-94 12t double. I'm pleased with its performance (I haven't had it up to top speed yet because I put the servo horn on the servo wrong, and the transmitter trim won't completely straighten it.) The only problem is I see a lot of sparks comming from the comm/brush contact area. Is this normal? I can see how it is, seeing as how there's a lot of electricity being transfered into a moving part. Thanks
JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
once i wore in the comm/ brushes a little, the sparking faded. there will be some, but not as much as when it is brand new.

·
Registered
779 Posts
what kind of servo do you have? are you running the stock servo or something else? i was going to get maybe s9303 by futaba, but its 70 bucks (a little steep for me rite now, im busy fixin all the stuff i broke) and was wondering what servo ur running in ur evader.
:confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
hey JB and all you other guys who read our conversations,
i was just searching through the Duratrax section on tower hobbies and their going to make a MT and BX version of the evader. did u know that allready or is this news to you? if you have any info on them, please post it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
hankster-
how much torque does it have?

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
128oz at 6 volts. The big difference with digital servos is the holding power which is about 3x the torque. Once the servo is in position it has 3x the power holding the servo at that position.

A normal analog servo actually has less holding power then the rated torque. But a digital servo does use more battery power. In offroad that isn't a factor.

I have always used good high torque servos but I can tell the difference using a digital one. I think it is the holding power that makes the real difference. While I can't prove it I believe that you do get some servo deflection with analog servos that you don't get with digital ones.

The Hitec digital servo gears are guaranteed for life so I tighten down my servo saver to basically make it solid... that could help too. But I wouldn't recommend that for anyone else even though I have not had any problems in 1.5 years.

·
Registered
779 Posts
do you have to have a special transmitter/ reciever or can you just stay with a stock one?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I use a futaba s3003 in my evader, at least untill I can get the Hitec that I want. This summer I'm gonna try to get a t-maxx, the new servo, and a Hitec lynx 3d.
Smojoe, thanks for your reply about the sparks, and no, I didn't know about the mt/bx versions of the evader.
JB

·
Registered
779 Posts
that AND a t-maxx? dang, you must have a lot of money.... me on the other hand, i can bearly afford a new set of tires here and there. after the LRP and the p-94, i cant really afford anything. lol, i only have 7 bucks in my wallet rite now after ordering the "RC Motor Black Book." oh well, guess i gotta wait till x-mas to buy that XR2....

·
Registered
66 Posts
JB_The_Evader said:
Smojoe, thanks for your reply about the sparks, and no, I didn't know about the mt/bx versions of the evader.
JB
What is this about the MT and BX versions of the Evader?
I have heard nothing of it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
phil-
i was surfing the tower hobby site and i did the search by manufaturer. it came up with two RTR electric vehicles and i clicked to see what they were. they were the evader st and evader mt. then i went back and clicked on the RTR cars and there was the evader BX. i have no other info except that they are supposed to be out around Sept.

·
Registered
807 Posts
smojoe said:
that AND a t-maxx? dang, you must have a lot of money.... me on the other hand, i can bearly afford a new set of tires here and there.

Thats only if I do a lot of work this summer. I mean 5 days a week, 8 hours a day at my mom's office, and filing papers will make you go insane if you do it too much. I probably won't get the servo or the lynx 3d, those are just my hopes for the future. Not too likely.........
Just reallize that I am a teen so I don't have to pay rent or utilities or anything like that, I can't drive for a while so I don't need to worry about a real car (and I'll probably end up with my dad's mazda, which, by the time I can drive, will have 120,000+ miles on it). Again, these are just high hopes generated by the idea of my first summer job. The odds that I will make that much money this summer are slim.
Sorry if I've spent too much time rambling on about this, I just don't want to look spoiled or anything by hoping for all of that.
JB

·
Registered
807 Posts
smojoe said:
phil-
i was surfing the tower hobby site and i did the search by manufaturer. it came up with two RTR electric vehicles and i clicked to see what they were. they were the evader st and evader mt.

Would you be able to post some links? Thanks!
JB

21 - 40 of 2304 Posts