Hobbyist Forums banner

2301 - 2304 of 2304 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Robinson spur gear / Masher 2000

Who is running Robinson spur gears on their Evaders and which ones? I see three types listed on their website: stealth machined, standard machined, and super machined. I believe they used to make the Absolute series also.

Also, is anyone running the Proline Masher 2000s? I am considering these tires with HPI F5 yellow rims for backyard bashing. I think the extra clearance would help in grass.

·
Registered
689 Posts
sorry i never used robinson gears on my evaders. the ones i have don't fit the slipper.

but the masher 2000 is a great all around tire. and not very heavy for it's size. but you will need to change your gearing.

good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
591 Posts
sorry to be so out of date but wayyyyyyyyyy back you were talking a bout packs, well at radio shack for 24 bucks they have gp 3300. in my evader they last over 30 min. with my midnight 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been a while since anyone posted here. I'm the new owner of an Evader ST RTR, and I'm loving it. It's plenty fast for a beginner, and is a blast to drive. I have a friend who looked at it, and he is quite impressed with the features for the price. I do have a couple things to gripe about though. The tires are crap. The tread on my rears only lasted a couple days.The front body holes are off center and too far forward. Oh, and watch the pins in the rear axles, they tend to come out. One day I'll get a different body for it, but I can live with this one. The thing that bothers me the most is the pins. It is difficult to keep them from coming out. I've tried heat shrink tubing, but the pins keep poking through. Looking for something stronger, but still flexible.

The only thing I've changed so far is the shock oil. I went with 35 weight in all four corners. There is a lot less wheel hop, it improves traction, and jumps are a lot smoother. I recommend changing it as soon as possible. Also check the steering servo savers. Mine were too tight, and they couldn't save the servo. I ended up stripping a gear in the servo.

I hope this thread comes back. I would greatly appreciate any tips or tricks that evader owners have for me.

2301 - 2304 of 2304 Posts