Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about Eugene Ryder? He has a business named worldclassbatteries. He has comitted several fraudulent purchases on ebay of atleast 5 people including my self. I sold him a MBX5 with a RBWS711 and lots of parts for $496.00, he paid via paypal and has now had the funds reversed through paypal claiming fraudulent funds were used to buy the equipment. There is well over a thousand dollars worth of stuff combined that he has taken people for. Please give any info you have about Eugene and his whereabouts. The Dewitt County Sheriffs office has been notified and an investigation is underway. Any help is appreciated.

James Clegg
[email protected]
843-437-6874

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Not to be contradictory, but (DIRECTLY from eBay):
Member Profile: 11maxim (31)
Feedback Score: 31
Positive Feedback: 100%
It seems highly unlikely that a "FRAUD" would have a 100% positive feedback...???

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell that to the other 5 people that just got stiffed for hundreds of dollars as well. My paypal account (as well as everyone elses) is negative 500 bucks because of this joker, and its directly because he filed for fraudulent funds through paypal. I am looking for info on his whereabouts. If you look under his ebay profile again, you will see the last transaction he made was from me "topfuel443" and he hasnt bid on anything since. This guy is a crook, PERIOD.

I have tried to contact him numerous times with no luck, if he has nothing to hide, why wont he talk to me and everyone else he has screwed over?

~James

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
I didn't look at his full profile, just his feedback -- that's all most eBay users check. I just thought that it would be good to post feedback so that users can know what's going on... Posting here tells only a relatively small number of people about the issues -- the millions of eBay users who don't read things here won't know about any of this...

My whole point is that he LOOKS perfectly fine on eBay, due to the lack of negative feedback. Anytime I see 100% positive feedback, I assume it's "safe"...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, your right, I assumed it was safe as well. He had great communication the whole time up until now...? You just never know with ebay/paypal.

~James

looks like im gonna have to cash in some frequent flyer miles for a ticket to Illinois.... :mad:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i have heard of the name mr ryder on many websites ripping people off.. not just ebay.. there was a watch list.. make sure u file with ebay.. they usually have more of the person contact info on hand for u to get if yu do a deal with the person..

ps i have seen peole do it in the past.. they wait for the seller to leave pos feedback after the payment, then do the paypal deal.. thats the problem with paypal.. they give them the money back, but do nothing about the items... thats why paypal is a joke...

i always wait 30 days to leave feedback.. this way after 30 days people cant file a complaint.. and if they do certain things, u can give feedback....

if u left posotive fedback u can do a follow up coment on them.. and rtype what they did unde your original feeback

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
this is the last info i have on him PH#270-965-9391 adress EUgene ryder 502 w elm st marion ky 42064 idealt with but didn't have any problems it was about 2 years ago though

·
Registered
13 Posts
The last I knew he (or somebody) had bought a home in Farmer City IL, and he was living there. He was working at a glass specialty place in Bloomington / Normal. He is a hot headed character that has quite a reputation in these parts. He thinks he is tight with Tony Stewart and I am sure considers himself one of Tony Stewarts buddies. Maybe the people at Custom Works would be interested in hearing about all of this. Maybe his old buddy Smoke could set him straight on his internet dealings, or at least send him bail money. LMAO

·
Registered
596 Posts
Eugene

Well guys i know and race with Eugene on a weekly basis. He has worked very hard and spent a lot of money to get his battery business off the ground. I have traded with him myself many times and he has always treated me more than fairly. I suggest you give him a little time to stratighten this issue out. I know he will more than correct any issues. He has gone beyond the call of duty repeatedly to help my fellow racers here anyime they need it.

Jack Land

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack, I can only hope you are talking about the same Eugene as I am. I could care less about how much money he has spent on his business, the bottom line is he owes me 496.00 and he hasnt made the slightest effort to correct the problem with me or anyone else. THATS BAD BUSINESS. I am an understanding guy and put up with alot more crap than most, but not when it comes to stealing MY money. If you race with him and and or talk to him, I ask you to help He and I get this settled by giving him my phone number to call me, email me or something! I want my money or I want my merchandise PERIOD. I can and will take a trip to Illinois and handle this myself if Eugene or the Dewitt county sheriffs office wont do it. You can take THAT to the bank, unlike Eugene's paypal payment....

~James Clegg
843-437-6874
[email protected]

·
Banned
12 Posts
Allright, Now you know James you talked to me saturday. Why would you tell everyone you have tried to contact me and you can't reach me? If you want me to send you my phone bill from Nextel showing your incoming call or want me to post that here I can scan it and do that. Guess what? You are talking to the wrong people. PayPal is the one you need to be bashing on here. I just happened to get my credit card statement today showing payments made to the five people who you are refering to. Now who am I to believe? You or my credit card co? Maybe I should not pay my credit card since they must have made a mistake and billed me for something I didn't pay for. You are more than welcome to come to 627 W. market St, yes here in Farmer City Ill and you can even bring Billy the Co sherriff with you. I am sure that you both will be glad you wasted your time coming after me. The other funny thing is here beside me also. Its from our buddies at PayPal thanking my for using PayPal and wanting to raise my initial credit card charge limit and my spending limit. No bad for someone who just ripped off 5 people. Man I'm good. This letter from them is dated Aug 23, 2004. How about that? I'm not done keep reading.....

·
Banned
12 Posts
Furthermore, I have this here Bank One statement saying Mr. Wollie was paid on 8/04/2004 in the amount of $110.00 Carolina RC 08/06 in the amount of $13.48, Meanerd 8/09 for 44.30, R8TRZ 8/16 for 119.50. This is just a few of the ones and its just late enough I am not going to put all of it on here because some people on this statement know what I am talking about.

Lets get on to my next point I want to make. Look at this from my point of view. I have been in this hobby now for 15years and met some great people. Now after purchasing a well known established business in Dec 2003 why, I ask you, would I go and jack up something like that all the sudden? Perfect feedback on ebay and now since PayPal pulled money from my account (paid to me from someone else) making you think I ditched you guys you are coming after the wrong people bro. More....

·
Banned
12 Posts
Next, let get this out of the way while we are busy bashing people here. So some say I am a hothead in these parts huh? Well that comes from being around a bunch of cry babies that are used to winning all the time till I come around. Now because I am the new winner in the house you quickly assume I must be cheating since you just can't be beat. Well I got news for you. There is someone out there faster than us all. You can allways find someone who is faster and that is not cheating You are quick to once again assume you know it all and then start accusing me of such. Now I wonder why I am tired of all this sissy aZZ stuff? Good question. . ? So now that I have got this off of my chest maybe now I can go to sleep. I wasn't gonna step down to this posting crap till all this was taken care of but I just am hotheaded enough to have to tell the truth. Anyone else need a hug? Come over here and I will see to it that you get the attention you deserve.

·
Banned
12 Posts
I do want to say thanks to all the good people out there that I have dealt with and continue to support World Class Batteries. You are the ones who deserve this hobby. I want to say if anyone wants my address to come visit I will post it at the bottom of this post. And if anone here thinks their threats are scaring me you are wrong. I know what I am talking about and I am not afraid to tell you I am right!!!

Sincerely,

Eugene Ryder
627 W. Market St.
Farmer City, Il. 61842

Good Night!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Eugene Eugene...... I guess it could be possible that you are to ignorant to realize what it is you have done here, ill try to explain it in a different way. here is the first email, in its entirety, copy and pasted from paypal. I recieved it on the 19th, thursday, this is the day I called you. You told me there was an issue with another ebayer and it would be resolved and then my account would go back to normal. This is also the same day everyone else emailed me. By the way, how did you know what five other people I was refering to? I never listed there names?
heres the email.

Dear James Clegg,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially
unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In
the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question
until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a
deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to
continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Jul. 22, 2004 20:09:57 PDT

Transaction Amount: $496.50 USD

Payor's Email: [email protected]

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this
transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation
is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the
Seller Protection Program, please send an email to
[email protected] with the following information:

1. The item, service or purpose of the purchase, and the associated value;
2. The name and address given to you by the sender (if an item was
purchased);
3. If shipped, the company used for shipping, date of shipment, and
tracking number for the shipment;
4. Details of any other transactions related to the transaction(s) in
question;
5. A phone number where you can be reached during the day and evening; and
6. Insurance information, if applicable.

Any additional information you have regarding this transaction, such as
email correspondence, will further help us to expedite our investigation.
Solving these cases helps us continue to offer PayPal as a secure and
cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your cooperation and
assistance.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Team

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now Eugene, here is the email I got on the 24 (Tuesday) stating that the temporary hold was removed and there had been a reversal of the payment and the funds that YOU sent me had been SENT BACK TO YOU! Meaning that I am out of 496.00 dollars. Plain and simple.

Dear James Clegg,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

In accordance with PayPal's Seller Protection Policy, the following
transaction(s) involving unauthorized funds have been reversed:

Transaction Date: Jul. 22, 2004 20:09:57 PDT

Transaction Amount: $496.50 USD

Buyer's Email: [email protected]

-The transaction(s) did not qualify for Seller Protection because:

-The payment was not listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on
the Transaction Details page

Please note that this withholding is in accordance with our User
Agreement.

In the future, you can protect yourself against fraudulent transactions
by following the conditions of our Seller Protection Policy. For more
information on our Seller Protection Policy in our User Agreement click
https://www.paypal.com/sellerprotection or copy and paste entire link
into address bar.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
again.

Sincerely,
Charlie
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And then, as if that wasnt enough, I am responsible for the money that has been given back to you. email #3

Dear James Clegg,

Your PayPal account balance recently became negative. Negative balances are
contrary to PayPal's User Agreement. Please add funds to your PayPal
account as soon as possible to bring your balance to zero or any positive
amount. You may add funds via check, money order, or an electronic transfer
from your bank account.

To add funds via electronic bank transfer:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/us
2. Click the Add Funds sub-tab
3. Click the Transfer Funds from a Bank Account link
4. Follow the on-screen instructions, and transfer money to your PayPal
account in at least the amount of your negative balance.

If your account balance remains negative after 120 days, the account may be
locked. Your balance has been negative for 1 days

If you have any questions about this email, or if you don't want to receive
further notices about your negative balance, please contact us through your
PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/us
2. Click the Help link in the upper left-hand corner
3. Click the Contact Us link in the lower right-hand corner
4. Click the Contact Customer Service link under the Email heading, and
follow the on-screen instructions to send us a message.

We appreciate your cooperation, and we value you as a customer. We would
like the negative balance to be resolved as soon as possible so we can
continue to provide you with PayPal's online payment solutions.

Sincerely,
PayPal

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Eugene, I am not sure what the whole story is here, thats what im trying to find out. I realize that you own this battery business, and just recently purchased it, this is another reason why I cant understand why you would want to jeopardize this over a few hundred bucks. Did you realize that paypal sent the money back to you for whatever reason? Do you realize that they took the money that you originally sent me and gave it back to YOU? I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR MY ITEM. YOU HAVE MY ITEM. Paypal has said over and over, YOU are the one who initialized the Fraudulent funds investigation.

Put yourself in my shoes, wouldnt you be a little upset if someone order 496.00 dollars worth of batteries, you shipped them to the guy, and then the guy has the payment cancelled after he receives them????

If this gets resolved in the way that it should be resolved, this entire thread will be erased. If it doesnt get resolved, word of mouth to all my racing buddies goes along way as far as your business is concerned. Eugene, you need to realize there is a problem here, and you need to make it right. Im not gonna go away.

~James Clegg

·
Banned
12 Posts
Oh my god, I think you are finally getting it! Thats exactly what had happened, someone paid me and it was reversed and now they have my 10 packs of batteries. Duh thats what I have been telling you all along. It looks like, to you, that PayPal sent money back to my account but in reality no money moved, thus in effect kinda put a stop payment on the funds. I know who you are talking about because I know who I have bought things from on ebay and I know who is on my credit card bill as being paid.

Your right. I do not want to jeopardize the business that is exactly what I am saying. You do not understand I am not the one who did this to you it has been payapal that has jacked both of us. Now someone owes me money and I owe you. It will be resolved as soon as I can.

Your understanding is appriciated. I will continue working this out as best I can but you know PayPal may even be to big for me to fight. The more you slander me on here the longer it will take to make more money to get this straight.

Eugene

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
"Your right. I do not want to jeopardize the business that is exactly what I am saying. You do not understand I am not the one who did this to you it has been payapal that has jacked both of us. Now someone owes me money and I owe you. It will be resolved as soon as I can."

Any time frame on this? I m glad you admit that you owe me money, now we are on the same page. Before it seemed like you didnt realize it or didnt care about it. I am pissed because I got screwed out of my money and my merchandise, if what you say is true, you have every right to be just as pissed. If its not your fault, so be it. But who evers fault it is, its definately not mine.

This is not about me slandering you or your company ( to which I have had no dealings with) If I have come across that way then ill be the bigger man and appologize. Like I said in my email( that you did not reply to) If this is a big misunderstanding, ill be the first to admit it. Its about us both being adults and handling situations that need to be handled and not left undone. If you keep me up to date on what you plan on doing and when, I have no problem working through this.

~ James Clegg

1 - 20 of 58 Posts