Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW FROM PARAGRAFIX: Etch, Decals & Painting Masks for the J2

As you've likely seen, Ron Gross and I have developed a set of landing gear to match the Jupiter 2's 4 foot diameter hero miniature. (More info here or pre-order here.)

In addition, I'm happy to announce three additional items for this great kit:

Photoetch & Decal Set: As with my past sets, this etch set includes decal from JT Graphics as well as backlight-able films for the larger display screens.

Decal Set for the Stock Interior: If you don't want to incorporate photoetch, these decals will provide all of the buttons and indicator lights in the interior.

Painting Masks: Lou Dalmaso, Aztek Dummy himself, has created an amazing set of painting masks for us. He's even included a fantastic bonus extra: reflective tape for the edges of the wall girders - simulate the look of the set's lights without all the work!

Robot Photoetch: A tad off the Jupiter 2 topic, but ...Spruce up the "baby" Robot that comes with the Chariot (or by himself). In etch brass with decals by JT Graphics.

I am sorry that these items will not be available the day the J2 ships, but their development took longer than I anticipated so they are still awaiting licensing approval. (Actually, the landing gear has already been approved and the parts in production, but I can't be sure of the exact ship date.)

These items will be available directly from ParaGrafix and from all "the usual suspects".

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I've just gotten done pre-ordering; this is gonna be a winter build to remember! :hat:

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark, Jeff, Opus, Peter & Jim,

Thanks so much for the kind words! I am sorry I won't have these items ready the day the kit comes out, but I don't expect the wait to be too extensive.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a problem Fernando - I will keep everything in stock as long as I have the license. Take your time and get through all of the kits in your stash. Cheers, Paul

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On one of the other threads, Jeff King mentioned that it would be great to have the tape drives and radar scanners operable ...

My photoetch set for the J2 includes separate tape drive reels and the moire "fan" in photoetch with central hub holes ready-made to mount to the motor drive of your choice.

If so desired, the "regular" radar screen backlight panels (separate from the decal sheet) could be placed on rigid clear plastic and rotated. I'd be happy to print up a custom set of panels at no additional charge if someone would like to do this option, as the stock panels have radar "pings" on them.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Struth Paul you have done a mans job there. :thumbsup: I'll definatly be up for the pe and decal set and also Lou's vinyls. But alas not straight up though, what with Sandy and I saving for a new house as well as the cost of my new sporting activity I'll have to pass on the hero's ( cause I also want some of Drews figures to go with it too... Sorry Paul. :()but then I'm happy with the kit legs.

I do have one question though... What type of glue works best on the hard backlight panels. I tried some pva on the tv screens on the FS1 set and they just went south on me. Thank the gods for micro's krystal klear which went a treat behind the decals for backlighting.

Cheers,

Alec

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have also a question. If one wants to have just four sections of the astrogator lighted (I guess that that is the number on the third season), would be enough just painting the others?

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alec -

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with the video display panels. I've used white Elmer's glue with them (a PVA) as well as Micro Krystal Klear and had quite good results.

Not to worry about the hero landing gear. They're kind of a "loss leader" type of product - though Ron & I didn't intend them to be. They're about 40% more expensive than we'd anticipated due almost entirely to the extra costs of the laser cutting. We realized that we had to release them, even though they're pretty pricey.

Fernando -

If I understand your question properly, I think it would be better in the thread about the astrogator itself - that's a product I'm not involved with.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Alec -

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with the video display panels. I've used white Elmer's glue with them (a PVA) as well as Micro Krystal Klear and had quite good results.
Thanks Paul. I tend to use weldbond a lot, it is a pva, but I think that because it's a polyphylatic type it is a bit to acidic or something. :confused: So I'll just get some good old basic selleys aquadhere. :rolleyes:I don't think there is a more basic pva of good quality here any way.:p

Cheers,

Alec.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To make it easier for people to make motorized radar scanners, I've updated the artwork for the backlighting panels - there are now two complete sets included, one with the radar "ping" returns and one set with just the sweeps and range indicators.

The big news is, though, I received artwork approval on all the products late yesterday so tooling is on order!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
I assume you'll be selling them thru Cult and/or SSM?

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As well as your local hobby store - they can order via Stevens International, the nation-wide hobby distributor. (Or they can order directly through ParaGrafix, of course, but most LHSs have accounts with Stevens.)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
To make it easier for people to make motorized radar scanners, I've updated the artwork for the backlighting panels - there are now two complete sets included, one with the radar "ping" returns and one set with just the sweeps and range indicators.

The big news is, though, I received artwork approval on all the products late yesterday so tooling is on order!
That's it Paul, I can't take any more, you've done such a fine job with this that I will have to give coal for everyone on my list so I can buy the three sets I'll need for builds...... I hope your happy....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
... I will have to give coal for everyone on my list ...
Coal? Don't you know it's 2009 and there's a big climate change conference going on right now in Copenhagen? You should really do more like the Charlie Brown Halloween and give people rocks. ;)

Actually, though, when you think about it we should switch everything to coal power so we can reserve all the oil for making plastic ... to be molded into Moebius model kits :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts