Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may know, my collection is primarily Hot Wheels, but I picked up these Matchbox at an estate sale Saturday. I don't know much at all about Matchbox, so I'm thinking I probably overpaid at $1 each (did get the case thrown in free, though :)). But they look cool and I'll be putting them beside my HW blackwalls collection.

I assume they are most all common issue, though the paint on the two Racing Minis is different. One seems to be enamel while the other is similar to Mattel's Spectraflame :confused:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
You got a couple mid '60s ones...the yellow tractor and the military scout car it looks like.
Nothing "special" there, but if you like them, than that special enough.
From the pic it looks like the Mini in the upper pic is the newer version with yellow as a base coat, then red over that.
The one in the lower pic is the first issue I believe with gold as a base coat and red over that...a candy apple effect similar to Hot Wheels in a way that the top coat is translucent.
I'm sure the Lotus Super Seven is somewhat hard to find with the windshield intact in a kids toy box.
Anyone should correct me if I got something wrong.
Thanks for the pix!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
There is only 1 uncommon car in the case that is worth more than $1, its the metallic dark pink no 19 Road Dragster, normally candy apple red, sufficiently htf that I havent found one yet in 4 years of toyfairs........
They sure do seem to have been played with, but that just gives them charm and maybe they will be fun to share with your own kids - some respectable track performers in this lot, I bet, so I hope you like racing:wave:

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is only 1 uncommon car in the case that is worth more than $1, its the metallic dark pink no 19 Road Dragster, normally candy apple red, sufficiently htf that I havent found one yet in 4 years of toyfairs........
They sure do seem to have been played with, but that just gives them charm and maybe they will be fun to share with your own kids - some respectable track performers in this lot, I bet, so I hope you like racing:wave:
Thanks for the info. It's actually one of the few that is in really good condition. I think they'll be a nice comparision beside my blackwalls. And maybe when my daugther gets a bit older (19 months now), we'll get a track and have some fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts