Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Ertl released the first wave of the Plymouth Superbird in 1/18 scale, I got a white one. I looked at it and saw that it has the "roadrunner" decal on it. Later releases of this car had the roadrunner decal pulled and only has the Plymouth logo on it now.

What happened here? Is this a mistake or is this a rarer version due to some copyright infringement?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
copyright infringement.

it has happened twice at least to Ertl.
once with the 1/18 scale 1969 Roadrunner,
And again with the 1/18 scale 1970 Superbird.
dont know if they are worth any more or not.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I have been told that the royalty agreement with Warner Bros. ran out on those two & they didnt want to renew it . Too much $$$$ . All the 69 Road Runners are now GTX's & Superbirds have no 'bird' logo on the rear wing . Bummer ! Also the reason why the '71 GTX has never been made as a Road Runner ....
Now if ERTL will stop making every Mopar with a @#&*%! vinyl top , I would be happier ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts