Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh I have a few (hundred) in my collection. Also sell them. It's kind of fun when you turn a passion in to your work. It's been 15 (?) years now full time...

·
Registered
55 Posts
The old Ertl (no longer makes 1:18) as it has been sold over and over again, but their "Authentic Series" molds are now being used by AutoWorld. They are supposed to announce several new releases later this week at the iHobby Show in Cleveland, OH on Oct 18-21. Nice 1:18 cars that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Love that 68 Charger, although I'm not particularly fond of the way they just painted on the side marker lights.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have 1 or 2 of the Authentics, but both were given to me as Christmas presents. They're awesome stuff, but too $$ to collect a bunch of for me :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Concerning the side marker lights: Since they were originally creating this mold to cover making the 1968-1969-1970 Chargers, I'll guess it was a money saving thing to simply paint them on. Otherwise it's making several new little parts, to cover the 3 years of marker lights. I know I know, everyone would like true parts for each car and every produced (me too) but I'm just saying I'm sure someone had a budget to keep, and that's one way he did it. They were painted on the previous mold too, but a LOT of other upgrades were made for these cars. We worked with the designer on this a little bit, and he was a super guy. Now passed away... RIP Tim RIP.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Well, in fairness, I will say they aren't as bad as the painted on ones on the GL 1:64 Charger but, unfortunately, they're awfully close.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Concerning the side marker lights: Since they were originally creating this mold to cover making the 1968-1969-1970 Chargers, I'll guess it was a money saving thing to simply paint them on. Otherwise it's making several new little parts, to cover the 3 years of marker lights. I know I know, everyone would like true parts for each car and every produced (me too) but I'm just saying I'm sure someone had a budget to keep, and that's one way he did it. They were painted on the previous mold too, but a LOT of other upgrades were made for these cars. We worked with the designer on this a little bit, and he was a super guy. Now passed away... RIP Tim RIP.
Sorry to hear about Tim, Overall am happy of what I got and it way better than the older "Dog-Leg" Style cars from the past and for what I spent this Gem is the Best I've gotten in Weeks......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Sorry to hear about Tim, Overall am happy of what I got and it way better than the older "Dog-Leg" Style cars from the past and for what I spent this Gem is the Best I've gotten in Weeks......:thumbsup:
I just realized my last post or so may sound like a downer on your finds and if so I apologize. Such was not my intention. I actually think they are great finds, the 68 Charger is my dream car to end all dream cars and I think that is a great example, regardless of the side marker lights.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
I just realized my last post or so may sound like a downer on your finds and if so I apologize. Such was not my intention. I actually think they are great finds, the 68 Charger is my dream car to end all dream cars and I think that is a great example, regardless of the side marker lights.
My Friend, its all good.....I was thinking the same at first but overall its the best in the market right now, who knows in ten years from now someone else will buy the mold and make it better.....You have the right to state your opinion buddy!....:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts