Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m fairly new to collecting and know that error card cars can be a hot item to find. I came across one I've never seen before, a reverse placement of the car on the BACK of the card. I’ve seen plenty of upside down or flipped cars, but never one with the car on the back of the card. If anyone knows of potential value and or where to get it appraised that would be awesome!!

·
Premium Member
9,816 Posts
Welcome to the forums and awesome find congrats.👍

Reactions: Michaelkeith

·
Administrator
37,317 Posts
Where did you find it?

Is the plastic reinforcement around the hanger tab on both sides?

We usually recommend you look at the ebay sold listings to get a current market value for the regular castings and then at the error cards to find one like you have in hand. Can you feel the glue residue on the front of the card too? I can see some in the photo - where the blister would be normally attached.

Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you find it?

Is the plastic reinforcement around the hanger tab on both sides?

We usually recommend you look at the ebay sold listings to get a current market value for the regular castings and then at the error cards to find one like you have in hand. Can you feel the glue residue on the front of the card too? I can see some in the photo - where the blister would be normally attached.
I found it on the shelf at Walmart a little while back. The front of the card feels smooth and there is no noticeable glue residue. There is some wear on the front of the card, but it doesn’t seem to be from glue.
I’ll check eBay, thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usually errors that can be manufactured at home are not highly valuable. Must have been interesting trying to scan that barcode at the store checkout.
Not sure how this card could be manufactured at home as there is no unusual wear indicating that the car was ever on the front and moved. It was purchased like this from the store.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found it on the shelf at Walmart a little while back. The front of the card feels smooth and there is no noticeable glue residue. There is some wear on the front of the card, but it doesn’t seem to be from glue.
I’ll check eBay, thank you!
Forgot to mention that the plastic hanger reinforcement is on both front and back.

·
Administrator
37,317 Posts
It is really easy to remove a blister from any mainline hot wheels die cast item. Lots of videos on youtube on how to do it and reattach.

I've only seen a few with a blister attached to the back and those were all contained the wrong casting to the wrong card. Yours is at least the right card for the right casting. To me the most interesting detail is that the the reinforcement tabs are on both sides of the card and the one on the front is flipped 180 degrees,

The value is not going to be much more than the regular casting though - if you can find someone who wants it for their Camaro or error collection.

Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Personally, I've never seen one like this on the pegs in my time of collecting, which goes back to 2003.
I looked at the front of the card and maybe it is me, but I see white specks on the left side just above the 3+ where a blister would normally be.
It may have been found on the pegs, but being the cynical person, I wonder if someone did it at home and managed to return it. Just my opinion and observation.

·
Administrator
37,317 Posts
Just to clarify, I have never seen one on the pegs before either 🤙

You can follow where a blister was attached all the way around the front of the card. Most notable through the not the same without the flame logo and along the side where the segment series name is printed.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The blister was definitely moved. If you look at the below blown up pic of the front of the card you can see the residue and dimples of where the blister was attached.

Its very easy to take nail polish remover to unstick a blister by saturating the back of the card where its stuck at (I do the bottom and parts of the sides, just enough room to get the car out)- open the blister - remove the car a make changes - place it back in the blister - saturate the back of the card where the blister is located - place popsicle sticks (front and back) with small clamps or spring clothespins - wait and let dry. This will re-seal the blister and make it look factory fresh. This is something I have done for years when I do a custom for someone, since I don't make my on cards. It is a nice conversation piece to have, just don't think its worth more than the original cost of the car. Thanks for posting it.

~rokr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts