Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might Polar Lights Do a Big Enterprise E

Hi,Now that Polar Lights is doing large Starship models might they do a 1/350 Scale Enterprise E?Thanks Guy Schlicter

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That would be HUGE. Don't expect the larger Enterprises (B or above) in any scale other than 1/1000.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,221 Posts
Guy Schlicter said:
Hi,Now that Polar Lights is doing large Starship models might they do a 1/350 Scale Enterprise E?Thanks Guy Schlicter
Somebody asks this question once a week. I wish y'all would think about how big it would be before wasting the bandwidth. When was the last time you saw a small styrene model company release a SIX FOOT LONG plastic model?

·
Starship Class
11,820 Posts
Well, if you'd quit responding to repititious threads such as these, there wouldn't be so much wasted bandwidth! I NEVER respond to -- DOH! :freak:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
And speaking of wasted bandwidth...

How 'bout a 1/350 V'ger to go with the refit?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Opinions Please about a New Enterprise E

Hi,I posted a thread about there being a possible Enterprise E in 1/350 scale,I didn't realize it would be so big,I would like to see a larger model of the Enterprise E,The ertl model is nice but I think something a bit bigger would be nice,On that subject what do people think about the accuracy and fit of the Ertl Enterprise E.Even if Polar Lights doesn't do a new Enterprise E now that Polar lights is part of RC2 let Polar Lights produce the old Ertl Enterprise E again.The Polar Lights NX-01 kit can I build one paint the base aluminum color and other details but the aztec pattern is difficult to add and I do have several kits so for my First model a simpified version is what I plan to do and later I'll tackle the Aztec pattern on my second NX-01,say will the big refit E have the Aztec pattern on it or will we have to add it,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Aztek Painting

Guy, If you don't mind, let me know what you find out about Aztek paint designs. I really want to know how to do it right but I've had a hard time finding sources of information on the "how to's" of Azteking. Good luck. If I find out anything, Ill let you know. What I know so far is this: There are a few companies that sell the stencils (made of brass) for specific model kits. What I mean is you have to buy one for the AMT Excelsior, one for AMT Reliant ect. On my Polar Lights NX-01 the surface is very flat so I'm going to experiment with an airbrush & frisket paper. I'll let you know how it turns out. If you hear loud screams in the distance, you'll know it didn,t work :lol:
email me if you want specific names & addresses on the companys I know of.
You say your an E-Bayer? I've seen a couple if set for sale for the 1701-A there.

Best of luck!

Ed Baxter

·
Oxidation Genius
31,221 Posts
Well, if they do an Ent-E in their 1/1000 series, it'll be a nice 68.5cm long (about 27 inches) - that's a pretty good size, and bigger than the Ertl kit was! :)

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Since John Eaves will most likely be the sculptor for any new E-E kit, it may develop concurrently with Trek projects that a certain other patternmaker may be working on (which board is this thread on ? ? ? . . . okay :) ). So, the wait may be shorter on this one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
There are already two 1:350's, and one is called the "Big E". And, here's the best part, it's a real subject!

REL is doing the 1:650 1701-E and that's just big enough.

Besides -- Polar Lights is dead.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Smoking really IS bad for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts