Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might Polar Lights Do a Big Enterprise E

Hi,Now that Polar Lights is doing large Starship models might they do a 1/350 Scale Enterprise E?Thanks Guy Schlicter

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That would be HUGE. Don't expect the larger Enterprises (B or above) in any scale other than 1/1000.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
Guy Schlicter said:
Hi,Now that Polar Lights is doing large Starship models might they do a 1/350 Scale Enterprise E?Thanks Guy Schlicter
Somebody asks this question once a week. I wish y'all would think about how big it would be before wasting the bandwidth. When was the last time you saw a small styrene model company release a SIX FOOT LONG plastic model?

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Well, if you'd quit responding to repititious threads such as these, there wouldn't be so much wasted bandwidth! I NEVER respond to -- DOH! :freak:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
And speaking of wasted bandwidth...

How 'bout a 1/350 V'ger to go with the refit?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Opinions Please about a New Enterprise E

Hi,I posted a thread about there being a possible Enterprise E in 1/350 scale,I didn't realize it would be so big,I would like to see a larger model of the Enterprise E,The ertl model is nice but I think something a bit bigger would be nice,On that subject what do people think about the accuracy and fit of the Ertl Enterprise E.Even if Polar Lights doesn't do a new Enterprise E now that Polar lights is part of RC2 let Polar Lights produce the old Ertl Enterprise E again.The Polar Lights NX-01 kit can I build one paint the base aluminum color and other details but the aztec pattern is difficult to add and I do have several kits so for my First model a simpified version is what I plan to do and later I'll tackle the Aztec pattern on my second NX-01,say will the big refit E have the Aztec pattern on it or will we have to add it,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Aztek Painting

Guy, If you don't mind, let me know what you find out about Aztek paint designs. I really want to know how to do it right but I've had a hard time finding sources of information on the "how to's" of Azteking. Good luck. If I find out anything, Ill let you know. What I know so far is this: There are a few companies that sell the stencils (made of brass) for specific model kits. What I mean is you have to buy one for the AMT Excelsior, one for AMT Reliant ect. On my Polar Lights NX-01 the surface is very flat so I'm going to experiment with an airbrush & frisket paper. I'll let you know how it turns out. If you hear loud screams in the distance, you'll know it didn,t work :lol:
email me if you want specific names & addresses on the companys I know of.
You say your an E-Bayer? I've seen a couple if set for sale for the 1701-A there.

Best of luck!

Ed Baxter

·
Oxidation Genius
31,360 Posts
Well, if they do an Ent-E in their 1/1000 series, it'll be a nice 68.5cm long (about 27 inches) - that's a pretty good size, and bigger than the Ertl kit was! :)

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Since John Eaves will most likely be the sculptor for any new E-E kit, it may develop concurrently with Trek projects that a certain other patternmaker may be working on (which board is this thread on ? ? ? . . . okay :) ). So, the wait may be shorter on this one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
There are already two 1:350's, and one is called the "Big E". And, here's the best part, it's a real subject!

REL is doing the 1:650 1701-E and that's just big enough.

Besides -- Polar Lights is dead.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Smoking really IS bad for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts