Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or can link me to the reasons why the ships color was darkened for this movie?

Was there anything ever said about it? I'm just courious to know why it went from the typical starship colors to the darker rings.

thanks in advance
dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
enterprise e color change

there were a couple of reasons for the color change of the E from first contact to nemesis, #1 was artist purogative. Jay Barton was the modeler at Digital Domain who modeled the E into a CG. The E went thru a couple of design modifications and Jay added to these changes with darker tones in his paint scheme. Nemesis was a dark and forbodding story and the VFX were to match the live action. Darker tones were used in all the sets as well as all the exteriors and locations.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
johneaves said:
there were a couple of reasons for the color change of the E from first contact to nemesis, #1 was artist purogative. Jay Barton was the modeler at Digital Domain who modeled the E into a CG. The E went thru a couple of design modifications and Jay added to these changes with darker tones in his paint scheme. Nemesis was a dark and forbodding story and the VFX were to match the live action. Darker tones were used in all the sets as well as all the exteriors and locations.
Welcome to the forums, Mr. Eaves. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping that you'll stick around and answer the occasional fan-question. You're insight will be invaluable to us. And hopefully, we won't overdo it w/our "fan boy exuberance". :)

cobywan said:
When did you sign up?
According to his profile, he joined yesterday, 25 Sept.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Welcome John,

Hope you enjoy it around here.

I know some structural changes were made to the 'E-E' from physical to CG model, but I was curious about the process. Was the model scaned into a mesh or was it measured out detail at a time?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Welcome to HobbyTalk, Mr. Eaves!! :wave:

I met you a couple times at a couple WonderFests & really enjoyed your talks. It's great to have you here! Oh, & please tell your wife that I'm still sorry for 5 years ago when my daughter "gave her a present" on her shoulder. I still feel bad about that. :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forums, Mr. Eaves. Thank you for the answer for *MY* personal favorite Enterprise of them all !!

dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts