Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Superb masking on the saucer section (all of it really!). Just how did you mask the circles on the saucer exactly?

Gonna look good when it's done! Well...it already looks good to be sure.

hal9001-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the Round 2 kit. I use tamiya masking tape.I place the tape over the areas to be painted. I use a toothpick to burnish down the tape so I can see the engraved pattern thats already on the kit, then use the engravings as a guide to carefuly cut away the excess with my Xacto knife.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Great job so far on the Enterprise. That masking job is really some work and I know to a certain extent. The Tamiya tape works great, doesn't it? I used if seriously the first time on an Apogee flying Saturn 1B to get down inside the corrugations and no other masking tape would have been able to do it. I am looking forward to following your progress. And welcome aboard.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Good job on the layered masking effects. You must have been taking some hints from Chip Foose ("Overhaulin")

The E-C blue color scheme was such a change from all the other models (TOS, A,B, D, & E). I wonder what the back story was for the drastic departure from the classic greys and off whites ? -- maybe some Admirals wife really liked blue???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts